MORGANTOWN — He is the people’s choice, this newcomer named Gabe Osabuohien.
The .220 Swift, which was developed in 1934, continues to hold the title of fastest factory loaded sporting cartridge. It may be old — but it sure ain't slow.
Converting a deer carcass into assorted venison delicacies is as much a part of the hunting tradition as rifles and tree stands. It also has it's own skill sets — and challenges.
WVU wide receiver coach Xavier Dye leaving comes as a blow to what Neal Brown was trying to establish and that’s the kind of continuity in a coaching staff that allows consistent development.
This will not match the American Revolution when historians look at it, but defenses are improving in the Big 12 – or conversely, if you want to look at it this way – offenses are slipping.
It’s time for deer season. It only comes once a year and for those who are deer hunters it’s Christmas, the fourth of July, your birthday, and the last day of school.
We live in a time when the sport and our heritage of hunting is threatened as never before, most you know this, yet it seems that we as hunters do very little about it.
They say it’s a game, this thing they call football, but sometimes you have to wonder. Games are fun. They are supposed to make you forget your troubles. But how do you forget a young man’s death?
Outdoor events like the National Wild Turkey Federation's JAKES Day activities help to pass the outdoor spirit along to a younger generation.
This team that had managed only 64 rushing yards in the first two games posted 173 in this one against their former defensive coordinator, Tony Gibson. And, most important, they won the second half, which is a sign of determination, of guts, of digging deep.
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., at Roselawn Funeral Home in Princeton. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
2 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens.
11 a.m., at the G.E. Davis Chapel of Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale. Burial will follow at the Neely Family Cemetery, Princeton.
1 p.m., at the Fairview Christian Community Church near Princeton. Burial will follow at Oakwood Cemetery, Princeton.
- Police searching for vehicle involved in Bluefield hit-and-run crash
- Bluefield woman charged in homicide, and murder charge pending for man with gang ties
- Bluefield hit-and-run results in flipped vehicle
- ‘Business is booming:’ Buffalo Trail ATV Resort looking to expand under new ownership
- Residents brave frigid waters at first-ever Tazewell Polar Plunge
- Ealy resigns from Princeton City Council
- Magistrate finds probable cause against second suspect in Bluewell puppy killing
- McDowell County Sheriff’s Office seeking information on missing woman
- Mail, four-wheeler, stolen from Brushfork area
- Incumbents, challengers continue filing for 2020 bids