When West Virginia University announced around noon on Thursday that it was retiring Rod Thorn’s basketball No. 44, it was meant to honor one of the greatest players of all time at the state university. But it went much further than that.
Princeton Rays General Manager Danny Shingleton spoke to the Rotary Club of Princeton Friday at the Chuck Mathena Center about what is going with Major League Baseball's plans to eliminate 42 minor league baseball teams — including all but one team in the Appalachian League.
NEW YORK (AP) — Christian McCaffrey's versatility and superb statistics helped him to a rare double: The Carolina Panthers running back has ma…
For a quarter century, children have played on the hill next to the right field fence while neighbors chat in the stands and watch future major league stars. But Major League Baseball has proposed a contraction plan that could end those summer nights at Dodd and other parks across the natio
President of the Bluefield Blue Jays George McGonagle and former Princeton Rays General Manager Jim Holland were two of the 13 people elected to the Appalachian League Hall of Fame it was announced Wednesday.
Bluefield Blue Jays General Manager Rocky Malimasura says he’s as uncertain as anyone with regard to the future of the Appalachian League, which is under threat of being eliminated under current negotiations between Minor League Baseball and Major League Baseball.
The NFL has long planned a year-long celebration for its 100th season this year. But the game’s most prominent position has yet to join the party.
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS — Harold Varner lll came into A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier as anything but a favorite to win. At 50-1, his odds …
Over the years, the annual West Virginia PGA Tour stop has been mostly known for its kindness to first-time winners and helping veteran Tour players get back inside the winner’s circle.
A total of 41,504,077 fans passed through the gates at Minor League Baseball games in 2019, marking the 15th consecutive season that Minor League Baseball’s 176 teams in 15 leagues drew more than 40 million fans.
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., at Roselawn Funeral Home in Princeton. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
2 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens.
11 a.m., at the G.E. Davis Chapel of Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale. Burial will follow at the Neely Family Cemetery, Princeton.
1 p.m., at the Fairview Christian Community Church near Princeton. Burial will follow at Oakwood Cemetery, Princeton.
- Police searching for vehicle involved in Bluefield hit-and-run crash
- Bluefield woman charged in homicide, and murder charge pending for man with gang ties
- Bluefield hit-and-run results in flipped vehicle
- ‘Business is booming:’ Buffalo Trail ATV Resort looking to expand under new ownership
- Residents brave frigid waters at first-ever Tazewell Polar Plunge
- Ealy resigns from Princeton City Council
- Magistrate finds probable cause against second suspect in Bluewell puppy killing
- McDowell County Sheriff’s Office seeking information on missing woman
- Mail, four-wheeler, stolen from Brushfork area
- Incumbents, challengers continue filing for 2020 bids