Star wide receiver Antonio Brown’s career with the New England Patriots ended Friday, 11 days and 1 game after he joined the team.
The NFL has long planned a year-long celebration for its 100th season this year. But the game’s most prominent position has yet to join the party.
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS — Harold Varner lll came into A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier as anything but a favorite to win. At 50-1, his odds …
Over the years, the annual West Virginia PGA Tour stop has been mostly known for its kindness to first-time winners and helping veteran Tour players get back inside the winner’s circle.
A total of 41,504,077 fans passed through the gates at Minor League Baseball games in 2019, marking the 15th consecutive season that Minor League Baseball’s 176 teams in 15 leagues drew more than 40 million fans.
The P-Rays hammered out 13 hits — including two home runs — in a 13-5 Appalachian League road win over the Pulaski Yankees and two out of three Burlington pitchers threw no-hit ball and the Royals spoiled the Blue Jays’ penultimate home game of the season at Bowen Field.
The Princeton Rays had a no-hitter broken up in the seventh inning but still beat the Pulaski Yankees 6-2. The Bluefield Blue Jays could not score with the bases loaded in the ninth to lose 3-2 to the Burlington Royals.
A strong start from Jose Lopez gave the Princeton Rays the win over the Greeneville Reds while the Bluefield Blue Jays were shutout by the Kingsport Mets to complete a sweep.
The Princeton Rays split a doubleheader with the Greeneville Reds when their bats came alive in the second game while the Bluefield Blue Jays could not comeback from an early deficit against the Kingsport Mets.
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., graveside service at Roselawn Memorial Gardens in Princeton.
2 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Grandview Memory Gardens, Bluefield, Va.
1 p.m., memorial service at the Airport Church of God.
1 p.m., at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
11 a.m., at the Fanning Funeral Home Chapel in Welch. Burial will follow at Iaeger Memorial Cemetery, Roderfield.
- Woman dies in fiery crash in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Names released of individuals charged in drug round-up in Mercer County
- Mercer County Grand Jury indictment released
- Three now charged with first-degree murder in human remains case
- City of Bluefield revisiting animal restrictions
- Tazewell Co. fugitive coaxed out of woods, arrested at Lotito Park
- Man wanted on multiple charges arrested near city park in Bluefield
- Restaurant, general store and more: Progress on new ATV resort steadily coming along in Coaldale
- Area Social Security recipients to receive 2020 cost of living adjustment
- Motion to dismiss denied