DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Racing at Daytona International Speedway always comes with a hefty dose of drama. Bad breaks. Close calls. Harrowing crashes. Overtime affairs. Last-lap heroics. Underdog stories.
Nobody is supposed to be able to thrive as an NFL quarterback after incurring the kind of devastating elbow injury Ben Roethlisberger suffered last season. But the veteran Pittsburgh signal caller is convinced he'll be the first to do so.
The semifinals and finals of the World TeamTennis will take place at The Greenbrier this weekend and be broadcast on the CBS Sports Network and CBS.
With a little help from future Hall of Famer Venus Williams, the Washington Kastles won four of five sets against the Springfield Lasers at The Greenbrier, on Tuesday.
A lot of senior baseball players in the Two Virginias didn’t get to play their final inning of high school baseball this past spring. Bluefield Baseball Club is doing what it can to see that they get one.
On Wednesday, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was in Lawrence County to help give away food and supplies for up to 1,500 families at Shenango High School.
BLUEFIELD — Down four points with less than a minute left in the third quarter Isaac Haas was called for a charge and wanted an explanation af…
Live professional tennis made its return on Sunday, and in West Virginia, no less. The 45th season of World TeamTennis got under way at The Greenbrier amid ideal weather and not-so-ideal conditions.
Bob Ramsey of Bluefield, Va. shot a 1-over par 73 to win the Gross Division of the 50-59 age group in Friday’s WVGA Senior Series event at Pipestem Resort, on Friday.
There will be no professional baseball at Bowen or Hunnicutt Field this year but Bluefield has already set up a travel ball league of local teams that will begin Monday.
This Week's Circulars
Rosemary Lane Hickerson, 66 of Princeton died suddenly Monday, September 21, 2020 at Princeton Community Hospital from Covid-19. For more information, please go to the website www.memorialfd.com. The Hickerson family is being served by the Memorial Funeral Directory and Cremation Center on t…
- Body discovered in Buchanan County, investigation underway
- Lively a free man after 2006 murder conviction overturned in "Doc" Whitley case (with video)
- Two new virus deaths reported in Mercer
- Mercer County man charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious injury
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 in Tazewell County
- Bluefield, Va., doctor pleads guilty to sexually abusing veterans
- Teenager dies of COVID-19 in Virginia
- Jim McCloskey still haunted by Roger Keith Coleman murder case
- City of Bluefield to sue Norfolk Southern Corporation over Grant Street Bridge
- Bluefield College reports 21 positive COVID-19 cases