Bickering over Major League Baseball’s proposal to cut 42 farm teams escalated Wednesday with the exchange of acrimonious letters by the commissioner’s office and the governing body of the minor leagues.
WVU's Bob Huggins was recently talking to his former assistant Billy Hahn, trying to find a way to go to Texas Tech and complete a season sweep of their series. But winning over the same team twice does not come easily in the Big 12.
Congress has delivered its first pitch in an effort to keep alive 42 minor league baseball teams that are threatened with extinction under a current proposal by Major League Baseball.
MORGANTOWN — On Tuesday, Derek Jeter’s career reached the heights that so few before him had reached, taking his .310 lifetime batting average…
When West Virginia University announced around noon on Thursday that it was retiring Rod Thorn’s basketball No. 44, it was meant to honor one of the greatest players of all time at the state university. But it went much further than that.
Princeton Rays General Manager Danny Shingleton spoke to the Rotary Club of Princeton Friday at the Chuck Mathena Center about what is going with Major League Baseball's plans to eliminate 42 minor league baseball teams — including all but one team in the Appalachian League.
For a quarter century, children have played on the hill next to the right field fence while neighbors chat in the stands and watch future major league stars. But Major League Baseball has proposed a contraction plan that could end those summer nights at Dodd and other parks across the natio
President of the Bluefield Blue Jays George McGonagle and former Princeton Rays General Manager Jim Holland were two of the 13 people elected to the Appalachian League Hall of Fame it was announced Wednesday.
Bluefield Blue Jays General Manager Rocky Malimasura says he’s as uncertain as anyone with regard to the future of the Appalachian League, which is under threat of being eliminated under current negotiations between Minor League Baseball and Major League Baseball.
The NFL has long planned a year-long celebration for its 100th season this year. But the game’s most prominent position has yet to join the party.
- Justice gives update on COVID-19 during press conference
- Justice issues 'stay at home' order for West Virginia effective 8 p.m. Tuesday
- Second case confirmed: Mercer reports another positive result, governor addresses state
- Two transported following Route 20 crash
- Giles County steps up to care for senior citizens
- Justice: Coal is ‘essential’ service for state
- Tazewell County, Bluefield, Va. declare State of Emergency
- Spearhead Trail to close for at least 30 days
- Spearhead remains open: Tazewell County Board of Supervisors votes not to close ATV trail
- Tazewell County School Board issues statement on closure order