President Donald Trump met by phone with many U.S. pro sports leaders Saturday to discuss how that industry has been affected by the global coronavirus pandemic, saying he was looking forward to the resumption of competitions “as soon as we can.”
English Premier League players failed to reach an agreement on Saturday with clubs to take 30% pay cuts during the coronavirus pandemic, escal…
Scott McLaughlin’s real IndyCar debut is on hold because of the coronavirus pandemic. The Australian V8 SuperCars champion isn’t letting that …
A panel of Associated Press sports writers voted in March 2020 on the top 10 men's basketball games in the history of the NCAA Tournament. The…
Saturday was supposed to mark the beginning of a new Swedish soccer season, fuelled by the prospect of big broadcasting revenues from a new do…
MADRID (AP) — The Spanish league and players are still far apart on the size of the salary cuts they need to take to help reduce the financial…
CHELTENHAM, England (AP) — Cheltenham Festival organizers have defended their decision to go ahead with the meeting last month after fears wer…
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Serbia soccer player Aleksandar Prijovic has been arrested for flouting the curfew imposed to curb the coronavirus spread.
An avid tournament bass fisherman might credit any number of pieces of vital equipment that contributes to his or her success on a given lake. Two often-overlooked pieces of fishing gear are pencil and paper.
NEW YORK (AP) — A hacker posted a racial slur hundreds of times in an online fan video chat Friday with a black New York Rangers prospect.
This Week's Circulars
of Shadowood Lane, Princeton, WV, passed away Friday, April 3, 2020 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell, WV.
PRINCETON - Yuvonne F. Dickerson, 70, of Princeton, died April 1, 2020. Arrangements by Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton. To view complete obituary visit www.bailey-kirk.com.
BLUEFIELD, VA - Gerald "Jerry" Edgar Brown, 88, of Bluefield, VA, formerly of Roseann, VA, died Friday April 3, 2020 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Born in Otsego, WV, moving at a young age to Roseann, VA, he was a son of Clarence and Ollie DeHart Brown. He was a member and elder of F…
GARY - George Frank Pinter Jr., 60 of Gary died suddenly Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at his home in Gary. Online condolences may be shared with the family via www.memorialfd.com Memorial Funeral Directory & Cremation Center serving the Pinter Family.
- Two children murdered in Monroe County; two sought for questioning
- First arrest made for stay-at-home violation
- Children murdered: Two sought for questioning in deaths of Monroe juveniles
- Parents of murdered children found dead
- Buchanan County college now producing hand sanitizer
- Local Veterans Affairs doctor charged with sexually molesting veteran
- Second COVID-19 case confirmed in Wythe County
- 4 bodies, 6 crime scenes: Investigation continues into suspected murders, suicide
- Northam issues 'Stay at Home' order for Virginia, mandate takes effect 'immediately'
- Health officials confirm Tazewell County COVID-19 cases are in Bluefield and Cedar Bluff areas