One might anticipate one of two possible outcomes for the Golden Knights (2-4) when they take on Tolsia (3-2) at New Vic Nystrom Stadium tonight.
The top-seeded Red Devils beat Princeton 2-0 at Oak Hill High School in the Class AAA, Region 3, Section 2 sectional championship, on Thursday night. The Oak Hill boys eliminated the Tigers 4-0 in the preceding sectional semifinal.
Coming off a 40-0 loss at Mount View last week, PikeView (1-5) will host River View (3-2) at home tonight — the second McDowell County team the Panthers have faced in as many weeks.
BLUEFIELD — The Bluefield High School football team has always set itself a tough regular season schedule to prepare for the playoffs.
Princeton advanced to the Class AAA, Region 3, Section 2 title game with a 4-1 victory over Woodrow Wilson on Tuesday night in a semifinal match at Everette K. Bailey Field, on Tuesday.
While Mercer County Schools have all gone to remote-only instruction for the remainder of the month, high school sports are continuing to practice and play. Princeton head football coach Chris Pedigo believes his clubhouse and practice facilities have been a safe environment for his kids since the pandemic started.
Bluefield (4-1), which lost 29-8 to Parkersburg last Friday, sits at fourth in Class AA in the rankings released Tuesday after holding down the top spot for the first four weeks.
MONTCALM — Being aggressive was the focus for the Montcalm High School football team Friday night and it resulted in the first win of the seas…
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Even though the regular season was pushed to the spring the Bluefield College football team has not taken a break as they pre…
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., memorial service at Dudley Memorial in Bluefield, Va.
11 a.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Monte Vista Park Cemetery.
11 a.m., at Frost Funeral Home in Abingdon, Va. Committal service will follow at 2 p.m. at Grandview Memory Gardens, Bluefield, Va.
1 p.m., at the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton.
- Trump administration announces $3.2 million award for ATV campground registration center in McDowell County
- Worst Nightmare: Mother, boyfriend sentenced in two-year-old’s death
- Mercer County Grand Jury returns October indictments
- COVID-19 hospitalizations increasing at Princeton Community Hospital
- Path to Fame: Local artist Lily Comer chosen as finalist in talent scout competition
- Multiple murder charges among October Grand Jury indictments
- Fish farm on the horizon: Tazewell County’s ‘Project Jonah’ finally coming to fruition
- Mercer County reports 105 new COVID-19 cases in record seven-day surge
- Nursing home where 24 died of COVID-19 closing to the public again
- Three employees test positive for COVID-19 at the Mercer County Sheriff's Department
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.