PRINCETON — The county wide shutdown of high school athletic activities in Mercer County concluded on Monday, freeing multiple fall sports programs to resume practice and interscholastic play.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — The Graham golf team will mount its challenge to earn a berth in the Class 2 state tournament when the G-Men begin play today…
Gabe Brkic's 30-yard field goal as time expired gave No. 4 Oklahoma a 16-13 win over West Virginia on Saturday night, thwarting WVU's chance to jump into the Top 25.
Concord and Frostburg State combined for more than 800 yards of offense on Saturday at Callaghan Stadium. However, it was defense that tipped the balance of power in FSU’s favor as the visiting Bobcats took a 42-23 victory.
Cayden Cook-Cash scored four first half touchdowns and the Gladiators extended their unbeaten streak to 41 games in a 56-19 win over Tazewell.
After playing a close first half the Graham High School football team erupted for three unanswered third-quarter scores to seal up a 28-0 non-district win at Galax on Friday night.
The Concord University women’s soccer team moved up four spots to 20th in the United Soccer Coaches’ (USC) Division II National Poll that was released Tuesday afternoon.
Cooper Ridgeway rushed for 107 yards and two touchdowns and James Monroe rounded up a 12-7 win over visiting Pendleton County on Tuesday night.
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Interment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens.
1 p.m., from the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park Cemetery in Princeton.
- Pursuit leads to drug bust in Princeton
- Board of Health issues mask mandate for Mercer County
- Mercer County man found after extensive search
- Site being prepared in Southwest Va. for ‘world’s largest vertically integrated aquaculture facility’
- Second McDowell murder suspect surrenders
- 17-year-old girl sentenced for helping 16-year-old boy accused of killing 4
- New Sheriff’s Department member to help families connect with services
- Masks mandatory
- Woman arraigned on murder charges, second suspect still at large
- Plane crashes in in Fayette County, three fatalities confirmed
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.