This month’s edition of the Graham Summer Basketball League has been the most well-attended since Graham head boys basketball coach Todd Baker founded the program five years ago.
Seven early runs were enough for Danville to stave off a late comeback by Bluefield to win 9-4 in the Blue Jays home opener at Bowen Field Tuesday night.
In the aftermath of the Academy Award winning documentary “Free Solo ,” climber Alex Honnold is trying to get a grip on his sudden fame, his image, and most of all what exactly he does next to top his astonishing rope-free conquest of El Capitan.
The Concord University Athletic Department has announced its 2019 Hall of Fame Class that will be formally inducted during a ceremony on the morning of October 19 at the Pais Fellowship Hall at University Point on campus.
The Bluefield Blue Jays will hold their Appalachian League home opener tonight when they face the Danville Braves at Peters Park at Bowen Field, in Bluefield. First pitch is set for 6:30 p.m.
With his college degree and a good job waiting on him, Princeton's Mason Mallard was willing to put one career on hold in order to see if a professional baseball career was a possibility.
Death had been chasing Kerry Marbury for a long time, but like everyone else who chased him on the football field, on the track, in a life that had so many twists and turns, it had a tough time catching him.
The Princeton Rays dropped a game with the Burlington Royals on Sunday and the Bluefield Blue Jays got hammered by the Pulaski Yankees in the sixth and seventh innings at Calfee Park.
BLUEFIELD – Richlands High tops the 2019 All-Bluefield Daily Telegraph Softball Team with six players having won its first softball championsh…
The Appalachian League home opener could not have gone better for the Princeton Rays, who beat the visiting Burlington Royals 8-3 at Hunnicutt Field on Friday night.
This Week's Circulars
2 p.m. at the G.E. Davis Chapel of Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale. Burial will follow in Elgood Cemetery in Elgood.
2 p.m. at the Burns Wornal Chapel of Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park in Princeton.
73, of Bluefield, WV died Tuesday June 25, 2019 at his home. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory in Bluefield.
- Human remains identified; foul play suspected
- Human remains found in Mercer; State Police search continues
- Authorities ID one set of remains found in McDowell, still investigating other
- Troopers looking for missing woman in Princeton
- New business opening soon: Year-round indoor flea market in Bluefield nearly ready for July start
- Window closing for tax refund of up to $110 for Virginia residents
- Former WVU football star Kerry Marbury dead at 67
- Mercer County Grand Jury indictment list released
- Deadly highway crash killing 7 bikers one of ‘worst tragic incidents’ in New Hampshire
- Tazewell County now the only site being considered for $2 billion hydroelectric pump station project
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.