Arkansas transfer Gabe Osabuohien has been granted a transfer waiver and would be eligible to begin playing with the Mountaineers in Friday night’s 7 p.m. game against Boston University in a preliminary game of the Cancun Classic.
Mac McClung scored 19 points to help give Ewing another signature moment at Madison Square Garden, leading Georgetown to an 82-66 victory over No. 22 Texas on Thursday night.
The last time the Graham High football team lost this season was Sept. 20 against Union.
The G-Men are on a seven-game winning streak ahead of Friday night’s game against the Bears in the VHSL Region 2D semifinals at Bullit Park.
After winning 19 of its 20 games this season, the attitude of the Concord University women’s soccer team remains, “Why not us?”
They begin the NCAA Tournament Atlantic Region against West Chester Thursday.
Concord's head football coach announced he was stepping down Wednesday, Bluefield College's DaMarcus Wimbush wins MSC Appalachian Defensive Player of the Year and Bluefield State women's basketball wins behind post play.
While Josh Norwood's teammates were dissecting the Oklahoma State offense and defense a surgeon was dissecting Norwood’s shoulder to repair the collarbone he had broken while making a spectacular diving interception of a Skylar Thompson pass.
Walker Boyer scored 16 points and Appalachian Christian Academy held off Pipestem Christian Academy 51-40 to spoil the Panthers' season opener at Rural Retreat, Va.
When George Wythe arrives at Harry Ragsdale Stadium in Narrows for Friday night’s VHSL Region 1C semifinal game, it will mark the first time the Green Wave has crossed paths with them in 21 years.
It’s time for deer season. It only comes once a year and for those who are deer hunters it’s Christmas, the fourth of July, your birthday, and the last day of school.
The schedules for this week's VSHL and WVSSAC high school football playoff games have been set. Of greatest local interest: Graham goes to Union, George Wythe goes to Narrows and Keyser goes to Bluefield at Mitchell Stadium.
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., at the Bower Funeral Home Chapel in Pulaski, Va. Interment will follow at the Southwest Virginia Veteran's Cemetery, Dublin, Va.
11 a.m., at the Ebenezer United Methodist Church in Bluefield, Va. Burial will follow at Maple Hill Cemetery.
90 of Bluefield, VA, passed away Thursday, November 21, 2019. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Dudley Memorial.
- Sordid details emerge: Suspect confesses; father, daughter marry after murder
- Still searching for Eric: Family holds onto hope for finding lost Va. hunter
- Princeton restaurant closed indefinitely after vehicle collapses drive-thru
- McDowell County Grand Jury returns indictments
- Tazewell County grand jury indictments released
- Long lost New River rivals: Unbeaten Narrows prepares to take on George Wythe in 1C playoffs Friday
- Murder, robbery suspect found not competent for trial
- McDowell man facing 10 counts each of incest, sexual assault
- 2 heart attacks in one month: ‘Mr. Bluefield’ quits smoking after 74 years
- Rich Creek Police issue alert for possible abduction