The Appalachian League is gone. Beginning in 2021 a new wood bat league in partnership with Major League Baseball and USA Baseball is expected to replace it — the Appalachian League.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Texas A&M’s five Yell Leaders ran into an almost empty Kyle Field as Friday night crept into Saturday mornin…
The Mid-American Conference, the first major college football league to postpone its season because of the pandemic, became the final one to j…
As the Atlantic Coast Conference worked Tuesday to reschedule another league game postponed because of a COVID-19 outbreak within one of its t…
Virginia is finally set to open its season after three scheduled openers were scrapped because of the coronavirus pandemic. Coach Bronco Mendenhall said the Cavaliers are ready.
Virginia Tech finally begins a season of high expectations as the No. 20 Hokies face North Carolina State in a battle of teams that each had to postpone a game after COVID-19 outbreaks.
The stakes have not recently been what they used to be for the Florida State-Miami rivalry, but the Seminoles and Hurricanes usually put on a …
ATLANTA (AP) — Former Georgia defensive back Otis Reese says he left the school because of racist treatment on campus, and contends that coach…
The Houston Cougars are again without an opponent and still waiting to play their season opener as COVID-19 issues wiped out three more major …
This Week's Circulars
2 p.m., burial at Cross Creek Cemetery in Fayetteville, N.C.
2 p.m., at the Gloryland Baptist Church in Camp Creek. Interment will follow at McComas-Crotty Cemetery, Pinoak.
11 a.m., at Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, Va. Burial will follow at Maplewood Cemetery, Tazewell.
11 a.m., at the Deliverance Temple Church in Brushfork. Entombment will follow at Woodlawn Memorial Park Mausoleum.
10 a.m., at Memorial Funeral Home in Princeton. A graveside service will follow at Roselawn Cemetery, Princeton.
- Lively a free man after 2006 murder conviction overturned in "Doc" Whitley case (with video)
- Mercer County man charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious injury
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 in Tazewell County
- Woman hospitalized with COVID-19 dies, coronavirus death toll climbs to 29 in Mercer County
- City of Bluefield to sue Norfolk Southern Corporation over Grant Street Bridge
- Jim McCloskey still haunted by Roger Keith Coleman murder case
- Bluefield College reports 21 positive COVID-19 cases
- Teenager dies of COVID-19 in Virginia
- Mercer man facing charges of sexual assault of juvenile
- Two new virus deaths reported in Mercer