Now in order to renew your driver’s license in our wonderful state of West Virginia, you have to have either your birth certificate or a valid, unexpired U.S. passport scanned by the W.Va. Division of Motor Vehicles. If you refuse, shame, shame, you can no longer have a driver’s license to drive your children to school, your parents to the doctor or, guess what else, you will not be able to drive to work.

So now, you may say, “Well, OK, I will do that.” But, no, no — that is not all, you must allow them to scan your Social Security card. Never mind that on the bottom of your Social Security card, it states “not to be used for identification.” But if you don’t do this, you are “allowed” to give them a copy of your W2 or your payroll stub. But if you refuse, no renewal of your driver’s license, you naughty child you!

Of course, as it has been for a while, you must present proof of where  you live. If you are not sure, just call Bob Hoge and he will be  more than happy to tell you where you live. Mr. Hoge was quoted in the Bluefield Daily Telegraph on Jan. 6, as saying, “it’s a Homeland Security issue, and we are way ahead of the curve here.” Translation, it is not required from Homeland Security, but we must look after you, you little slow-minded citizens.

When are we going to say enough is enough. Our soldiers are giving their lives for our freedoms, and we are slowly one by one giving them away.

Vera Gillespie


Recommended for you