The word “Opinion” stands boldly above the articles on this page and in mine, it would be wise to side with the Israelis in this most recent Middle Eastern conflict. Why? It’s biblical. No one who seriously studies the Good Book should deny that the Jewish nation is favored. From wandering i…
A Dow Jones survey of economists earlier this year showed that one million new jobs would be added to the economy in April. Instead, only abou…
The 10-speed bike was a blue beacon of what I knew would be immeasurable summer fun. It represented freedom to be spent on quiet country roads…
A story back in April reported that the Virginia Department of Education is considering eliminating all accelerated math options prior to the …
The brown sandal is my favorite summer shoe. Sassy, yet sensible — and comfortable even with a high heel. Better yet, it matches everything. F…
In the week of the Kentucky Derby, the President’s Address to the Congress recalled ideas penned by Laura Hillenbrand in her widely-acclaimed …
This Week's Circulars
3 p.m., at the George W. Seaver Chapel of Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton. Burial will follow at Elgood Cemetery.
4 p.m., memorial service at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
11 a.m., at the Bluewell United Methodist Church. Interment will follow at Woodlawn Memorial Park.
- Mayor in McDowell up for re-election arrested for drugs, DUI
- McDowell deputies make drug arrests after anonymous tip
- City of Bluefield begins process to obtain ‘controlled access’ at Exit 1
- High-speed chase through Princeton, Route 460 ends with arrest in Kellysville
- Two injured after tractor trailer crashes over embankment on I-77
- ‘Back door patients:’ Bluefield, Va., doctor gets one month in prison for misbranding prescriptions
- Deputies investigating theft at Tender Mercies Ministries
- Three more local deaths blamed on COVID-19, one in Mercer and two in Tazewell
- Car crashes into home’s front porch on New Hope Road
- Northam declares state of emergency in Virginia due to gasoline supply disruptions