It should have been a routine lunchtime errand — dropping off clothes at the cleaners before grabbing a quick bite at a drive-through. But on this day there was a visitor at the cozy shop nestled among the houses on Stadium Drive.
History takes time,” Gertrude Stein once said. Getting to today’s column took 1,560 weeks. That is 30 years, more or less, on the calendar. Wh…
Friendship and social activities have never been my forte. While I do, most of the time, love to socialize, I have never been the best at cont…
When I go hiking around Glenwood Park, I like to take one of those plastic shopping bags with me so I can collect any trash I see along the wa…
I like to consider myself a defensive driver. It’s not that I’m paranoid about driving or anything like that. It is simply a matter of trying …
Not only are we in the midst of Dog Days, high humidity, pre-season sports practice (except golf, which is already underway) and the start of …
As some of you may know, I have lived my whole life in Princeton. I was born at Princeton Community Hospital and I grew up in the middle of the city.
This Week's Circulars
2 p.m., memorial service at the Christ United Methodist Church in Fayetteville, N.C.
7 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow on Monday at 11 a.m. at Maple Hill Cemetery, Bluefield, Va.
2 p.m., from the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at Brown Cemetery near Princeton.
Jim Jenkins, 80 of Princeton died Wednesday, August 14, 2019. Arrangements by Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton. View complete obituary at www.bailey-kirk.com.
- Heroin overdose prompts increased police patrols around local motel
- Bond denied for man charged with fatal shooting in Princeton
- Eupepsia Wellness Resort in Bland named second best in U.S.
- Woman dead, suspect in custody after Princeton shooting
- Bluefield woman gets 1 year in Social Security benefits fraud case
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by vehicle in Princeton
- Bond denied: Suspect in fatal Princeton shooting arraigned
- Super Six South formalized: Group organized to bring football finals to Mercer County
- Student enrollment numbers drop: Mercer, Tazewell school officials expect increase after initial count
- Mercer County Commission: Local statue draws relocating debate