The sound of chirping birds stirred me awake in the morning hours. The window behind my bed welcomed sunlight through my curtains and wished me a good morning. As the majority of Americans do, I rolled over and picked up my phone to see what the world had been up to during my rest.
When age creeps up on you, you remember when the things we take for granted today were new. I can remember when seeing “in color” on a televis…
It is an abnormally cold winter morning here in the mountains of southern West Virginia and Southwest Virginia, at least at the time of this w…
A liberal journalist has set aside his ideology and written something honest and positive about President Donald Trump. Vox senior corresponde…
It rolled up off of one wall and bounced like a loose ball up against the other – virtually a deafening surge of noise. That was only one feat…
As a human, I can wholeheartedly say that humans are strange creatures. We are creatures of habit, we don’t like change and God forbid a telev…
Last Thursday, I put on rain gear and headed out while rain was drenching the region and waterways were coming out of their banks. I decided t…
This Week's Circulars
10:30 a.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluefield (Bluewell). Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
2 p.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Burial will follow at Mitchem Ridge Cemetery on Burke Mountain.
- Portrait of a narcissist: No place for Porterfield at Statehouse
- Fincastle running at ‘full tilt’ since Bluefield acquisition
- Contractors sought for ATV resort: B&O Development projects fall opening for TrailCamp in Coaldale
- ‘Process has to be respected:’ Del. Porterfield apologizes for Wednesday behavior on House floor
- Mercer County Grand Jury returns February indictments
- Dustin Croy of Lerona shows his skills on Discovery’s ‘Master Distiller’
- 30-year sentence recommended for Monroe County man by Giles County court
- ‘I’ve washed my hands clean’: Area resident formerly involved with Larry Price Jr. given probation
- Warrants for February 16, 2020
- Mercer County Grand Jury - Feb. 2020