It’s no small thing when grotesque mistakes and lies about them cost 2,300 lives and a trillion dollars, but that’s what we got from U.S. officials who have kept us at war in Afghanistan for 18 years.
As someone who has a chest full of handkerchiefs and an umpteen number of toys all for my dogs, you can safely say that I love my canines. If …
Years ago I had an opportunity to go aboard the missile submarine U.S.S. West Virginia. It was an opportunity to meet the amazing people who t…
The Christmas season always brings many memories of our loved ones who are no longer with us, of course. That is a big part of the nostalgia, …
Strip clubs are not on the forefront of my thought process. I am conscious of their existence, and aware of names and locations of the more pr…
Pearl Harbor Day. A few World War II veterans and some citizens remain who still remember December 7, 1941. That surprise – some say not – att…
We are officially in the countdown to Christmas now that Thanksgiving has come and gone. Glitter, ribbon, lights and the works are filling eve…
This Week's Circulars
1 p.m., at the Roberts Funeral Service Chapel in Winston-Salem, N.C. Inurnment will follow on Wednesday at 2 p.m. at the Salisbury National Cemetery, Salisbury, N.C.
11 a.m., at the First A.M.E. Zion Church in Bluefield. Interment will follow at Restlawn Cemetery, Bluewell.
11 a.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Interment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
1 p.m., memorial service at the Grace Presbyterian Church in Lashmeet. Inurnment will follow at the McComas/Crotty Cemetery, Lashmeet.
- Lost souls: Parents, ‘fake grandma’ charged in 2 unrelated suicides
- W.Va. dad arrested in child's death
- Four arrested on felony child neglect charges stemming from unrelated teen suicides
- Guilty! Jury convicts Mills in decapitation case
- Left it all on the field: Bluefield dedicates hard-fought season to Lil’ Tony’s memory
- Warrants for December 8, 2019
- Mercer County woman found not guilty of attempted murder
- Icy conditions blamed for school bus accident at Montcalm
- Local resident killed in Tazewell County structure fire
- Bluefield officials to create Grant Street Bridge task force