President Joe Biden’s rushed and ill-conceived exit from Afghanistan was a true disaster, with 13 American military personnel and other innocent lives lost, and many Americans and allies still trying to get out of there, without any American assets left in the country to help make that happen.
Are you registered to vote in the Mountain State or the Commonwealth? Are you unsure of your voter registration status?
In a welcomed example of regional cooperation, several governing bodies in our area are pledging to work together on the development of a five…
A text arriving past 10 p.m. in the evening is usually never a good thing — especially when it’s from a local law enforcement officer.
More often than not, I hear people my age (and there are fewer of them than ever before) talking about the changes in our world, in the states…
Most of my children are readers, especially my oldest daughter, who is quite busy but makes time for a lot of reading.
While there are growing indications that the Delta-variant fueled surge in West Virginia has reached or is nearing its peak, health officials …
A letter writer raises some very interesting concerns about the outcome of the 2020 presidential election with some very specific questions. H…
The city of Bluefield is trying to figure out the best way to spend about $4.2 million in federal dollars coming from the American Rescue Plan…
Sometimes weekend activities create stories, and an event last Saturday introduced me to new foods with flavors I loved and names I can’t pronounce.
Now that Mercer County has an active dilapidated and abandoned structures committee, property owners are starting to take notice. The newly-fo…
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Interment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens.
1 p.m., from the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park Cemetery in Princeton.
- Pursuit leads to drug bust in Princeton
- Board of Health issues mask mandate for Mercer County
- Mercer County man found after extensive search
- Site being prepared in Southwest Va. for ‘world’s largest vertically integrated aquaculture facility’
- Second McDowell murder suspect surrenders
- 17-year-old girl sentenced for helping 16-year-old boy accused of killing 4
- New Sheriff’s Department member to help families connect with services
- Masks mandatory
- Woman arraigned on murder charges, second suspect still at large
- Plane crashes in in Fayette County, three fatalities confirmed
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.