A Raleigh County woman who reportedly fell into the gorge at Grandview State Park on Sunday evening was found "alive and well," West Virginia State Police reported Tuesday evening.
Northam said Phase Two includes the reopening of indoor dining at restaurants at 50 percent capacity; indoor classes and exercising at gyms at 30 percent capacity; swimming pools with some restrictions; gatherings limited to 50 people rather than 10; recreational sports are allowed with physical distancing maintained and no shared equipment; museums, zoos and other indoor entertainment venues can open.
A woman who reportedly fell from the Grandview Overlook into the New River Gorge was facing 10 years in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and court-ordered restitution when she disappeared Sunday night, United States District Court of the Southern District of West Virginia show.
All 181 people in Mercer County who were identified through contact tracing are now out of isolation, health officials said Monday. All 181 people had at one point came into contact with one of the 13 confirmed COVID-19 patients in Mercer County.
Despite the warmer weather outside, new coronavirus cases continue to be reported in Tazewell County. Two new COVID-19 cases were confirmed by the Virginia Department of Health over the weekend. These two are in addition to another new case that was confirmed last week.
PRINCETON — In a move that will impact about 340 Bluefield Regional Medical Center employees, the Princeton Community Hospital Board of Direct…
BLUEFIELD — About 340 Bluefield Regional Medical Center employees will be impacted by the Princeton Community Hospital Board of Directors’ dec…
CHARLESTON — Practice for summer youth sports as well as conditioning associated with high school sports and activities with bands can begin o…
RICHMOND, Va. — Only “gross, egregious and repeated” violations regarding Gov. Ralph Northam’s Executive Order 63 requiring people to wear a f…
Gov. Ralph Northam said current coronavirus-related trends are “encouraging” but more data is needed before the state can start its second phase of reopening. He said the earliest the state would move into Phase 2 would be June 5.
This Week's Circulars
1 p.m. at the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Interment will follow in the Belcher Cemetery in Coaldale.
2 p.m. in the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Entombment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens in Princeton.
2 p.m. at Princeton Presbyterian Church.
- Bluefield police seek suspect in violent rape of special needs juvenile
- Bluefield Regional Medical Center closing all inpatient and ancillary services by July 30
- Missing West Virginia woman is facing prison time for 2019 fraud
- Man sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder
- New coronavirus case confirmed for Tazewell County
- Residents of two Bluefields dismayed by looming closure of services at BRMC
- McDowell County man arrested on murder charge after shooting death of his mother
- Starting Phase One: Virginia gov. confirms date to begin opening state
- Local man arrested, charged with mother’s murder
- Brutal sexual assault: Bluefield police seek suspect in violent rape of special needs juvenile