The meetings are scheduled for today at the University of Charleston student union ballroom, Tuesday at the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office training center in Martinsburg, Wednesday at Wheeling University's Swint Hall and Thursday at the Robert H. Mollohan Research Center in Fairmont. None are currently scheduled for the deep south counties.
A Monroe County man has been sentenced to at least two years in prison for embezzlement related to his previous jobs as transportation director for Monroe County schools and chief of the Union Volunteer Fire Department.
A Mercer County man who was struck by a vehicle late Thursday night at U.S. Route 460 near the Mercer Mall died at the scene, deputies with the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department said Friday.
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is announcing a new agreement to power state government buildings with more renewable energy
The October term of the Mercer County Grand Jury has returned a number of indictments. The grand jurors concluded their session Thursday before Circuit Court Judge Mark Wills.
A local man was arraigned Thursday on multiple charges including grand larceny, fleeing with reckless indifference and fleeing of foot after police pursued a stolen vehicle at speeds of up to 100 mph.
Sgt. J.L. Faris of the Princeton Police Department said all the drug roundup suspects were facing felony charges including possession and possession with intent to deliver controlled substances including heroin, crack cocaine, cocaine and methamphetamine.
Two regional drug task forces have netted record seizures of methamphetamine, along with cocaine, fentanyl, illegal prescription drugs and illegal firearms, as part of Operation Trap Door, an extensive, multi-county illegal narcotics investigation, the Virginia State Police announced Wednesday.
Helping Democrats in key suburban races are national groups like Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun-control group backed by former Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and Emily's List, an organization dedicated to electing women who support abortion rights.
On or about Feb. 14, Larry McClure, Amanda Michelle Naylor McClure and Anna Marie Choudhary "did commit the willful deliberate premeditated homicide of John McClure," Saddler said in each of the criminal complaints.
This Week's Circulars
- Woman dies in fiery crash in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Names released of individuals charged in drug round-up in Mercer County
- Mercer County Grand Jury indictment released
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by vehicle on U.S. Route 460
- Buildings along Mercer Street set for demolition, planned farmer’s market to take their place
- Three now charged with first-degree murder in human remains case
- Mercer drug roundup: Dozens of suspects in custody
- Area Social Security recipients to receive 2020 cost of living adjustment
- Three Mercer County men indicted for separate murder cases by grand jury
- Male pedestrian killed walking along Route 460 near Mercer Mall