Forecasters are still determining the tornado's strength. With its vast network of hills and mountains, West Virginia averages two tornadoes a year.
Human remains discovered in the southeastern area of Mercer County have been identified as a missing Princeton woman, West Virginia State Police officials said Tuesday.
Susan Shepherd, of the Bradshaw area of McDowell County, was arrested Tuesday after a June 5 car crash she was involved in on U.S. Route 52 in the Ieager area of McDowell County.
Upon conducting the traffic stop, Muncy said deputies learned that Cline was wanted out of Buchannon County, Va. Upon searching Cline prior to his arrest, Muncy said deputies found a quantity of methamphetamine packaged for delivery.
The West Virginia Senate is set to take up a sweeping education bill that would allow the state's first charter schools. The Republican-controlled chamber is scheduled to reconvene Monday at 5 p.m. as part of the special legislative session.
Billionaire investor and Democratic activist Tom Steyer says he will put $1 million toward registering at least 12,000 millennial voters in Virginia, in hope of flipping the Republican-led General Assembly to the Democrats.
Human remains have been discovered in the southeastern area of Mercer County, officials with the West Virginia State Police Princeton detachment confirmed Monday morning.
Gordon Gee is staying on as president of West Virginia University. The college on Friday announced its governing board has extended Gee's contract through 2024.
BLUEFIELD — The Bluefield Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a truck and camper that damaged a church sign.
A man has been arrested in Princeton after fleeing from police. According to the Princeton Police Department, James Justin Price has been charged with fleeing on foot, burglary, driving suspended and no seatbelt.
BLUEFIELD — A tractor-trailer fire in front of the East River Mountain Tunnel on I-77 Wednesday stopped traffic temporarily.
This Week's Circulars
2 p.m. at the G.E. Davis Chapel of Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale. Burial will follow in Elgood Cemetery in Elgood.
2 p.m. at the Burns Wornal Chapel of Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park in Princeton.
73, of Bluefield, WV died Tuesday June 25, 2019 at his home. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory in Bluefield.
- Human remains identified; foul play suspected
- Human remains found in Mercer; State Police search continues
- Authorities ID one set of remains found in McDowell, still investigating other
- Troopers looking for missing woman in Princeton
- New business opening soon: Year-round indoor flea market in Bluefield nearly ready for July start
- Window closing for tax refund of up to $110 for Virginia residents
- Former WVU football star Kerry Marbury dead at 67
- Mercer County Grand Jury indictment list released
- Deadly highway crash killing 7 bikers one of ‘worst tragic incidents’ in New Hampshire
- Tazewell County now the only site being considered for $2 billion hydroelectric pump station project
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.