A special session of the West Virginia Legislature will begin Tuesday to move forward with the possible impeachment of members of the state Supreme Court.
In addressing the opioid impact on the state’s children, West Virginia lawmakers are taking a closer look at the availability of counselors, psychologists, social workers and nurses in schools.
The West Virginia Supreme Court ruled Friday that Jasper, the Raleigh County dog at the center of a three-year legal battle, is to be euthanized.
Officials believe the black mold that contaminated the Monroe County Courthouse has now been eradicated, but work to restore the structure is still in progress.
Tracy Hylton, a businessman whom Gov. Jim Justice styled as the last “king” of coal in southern West Virginia, died on Sunday.
Born on the Fourth of July, Hylton was nearly 96 years old and living at The Village at Greystone in Beaver.
“Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States, came back to West Virginia yesterday and mingled with the people whose welfare has been his predominating motive in five years of White House occupancy.”
More than 11 years after tragedy struck in Ghent, family and friends of the four men who perished on Jan. 30, 2007, returned to the scene of the accident to remember.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has indefinitely suspended parts of nationwide permit 12 for the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) just a day after an environmental coalition sued them in federal court for a stay on the project.
The West Virginia Legislature was betting on the right horse this past session when it anticipated the Supreme Court banning sports wagering.
Gov. Jim Justice and revenue officials touted an improving state economy, citing critical April revenue coming in ahead of estimates and a bond rating agency’s rating, which changed the state’s outlook from negative to stable.
This Week's Circulars
BASTIAN [mdash] Claude Michael Peak, 79, of Bastian, VA died Saturday, January 25, 2020. Burch-Messier Funeral Home, Bedford, 540-586-7360 is assisting the family.
2 p.m., at Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, Va. Burial will follow at Bandy Family Cemetery near Bandy, Va.
Noon, memorial service at the Grandview Memory Gardens Mausoleum in Bluefield, Va.
- Large quantity of crystal meth found on Bluefield street
- Former Mercer residents to be sentenced for assaulting, robbing elderly
- Puppy killed near Bluewell school had not consumed Lysol, report finds
- Abbs Valley, Va. woman pleads guilty to $107,000 embezzlement charge
- Fatality reported in collision with school bus
- Cash or credit? New pay options under consideration for tolls on turnpike
- Incumbents, challengers continue filing for 2020 bids
- County Commission revisiting dilapidated building issue
- Coyotes appearing more frequently despite seasonal cold
- Pet Patrol program: Deputies, animal shelter working to encourage adoption