A special session of the West Virginia Legislature will begin Tuesday to move forward with the possible impeachment of members of the state Supreme Court.
In addressing the opioid impact on the state’s children, West Virginia lawmakers are taking a closer look at the availability of counselors, psychologists, social workers and nurses in schools.
The West Virginia Supreme Court ruled Friday that Jasper, the Raleigh County dog at the center of a three-year legal battle, is to be euthanized.
Officials believe the black mold that contaminated the Monroe County Courthouse has now been eradicated, but work to restore the structure is still in progress.
Tracy Hylton, a businessman whom Gov. Jim Justice styled as the last “king” of coal in southern West Virginia, died on Sunday.
Born on the Fourth of July, Hylton was nearly 96 years old and living at The Village at Greystone in Beaver.
“Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States, came back to West Virginia yesterday and mingled with the people whose welfare has been his predominating motive in five years of White House occupancy.”
More than 11 years after tragedy struck in Ghent, family and friends of the four men who perished on Jan. 30, 2007, returned to the scene of the accident to remember.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has indefinitely suspended parts of nationwide permit 12 for the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP) just a day after an environmental coalition sued them in federal court for a stay on the project.
The West Virginia Legislature was betting on the right horse this past session when it anticipated the Supreme Court banning sports wagering.
Gov. Jim Justice and revenue officials touted an improving state economy, citing critical April revenue coming in ahead of estimates and a bond rating agency’s rating, which changed the state’s outlook from negative to stable.
- Five more COVID-19 cases confirmed in Mercer, active infections climbs to 30 with 44 cases total
- Two injured after tanker and Jeep crash on I-77 in Mercer County
- Mercer health officials fear coronavirus surge
- Tanker truck, Jeep wreck injures two on Interstate 77
- Probable cause found in firefighter arson, murder case
- William Paul Cole, Jr., Bluefield’s longest serving mayor, has passed away
- Justice says mask mandate may be coming next week for West Virginia
- ‘They did all the right things’
- Mercer County reports three new coronavirus cases
- More virus cases reported across the region, including in Mercer County