WHAKATANE, New Zealand (AP) — Police divers returned to the waters around New Zealand's volcanic White Island at dawn Saturday to search for the remaining two victims of an eruption that left at least 16 dead and dozens severely burned.
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A 21-year-old New York man who pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI after authorities said he talked ab…
MIAMI (AP) — Anthony Davis scored 33 points, LeBron James had 28 while coming within a rebound of a triple-double and the Los Angeles Lakers h…
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — James Harden scored 54 points, hitting 10 of 15 3-pointers and 19 of 31 shots overall, in the Houston Rockets' 130-107 vi…
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A federal appeals court declared Friday that Mississippi's ban on abortion at 15 weeks is unconstitutional, dealing a bl…
HOUSTON (AP) — Funeral arrangements have been set for a Houston-area police sergeant who was killed this week while trying to arrest a suspect…
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A package thief who made off with a woman's delivery in St. Paul this week decided to leave something behind for the vi…
MIAMI (AP) — Erik Prince, a major Trump donor and the founder of controversial security firm formerly known as Blackwater, traveled to Caracas…
This Week's Circulars
1 p.m., at the Roberts Funeral Service Chapel in Winston-Salem, N.C. Inurnment will follow on Wednesday at 2 p.m. at the Salisbury National Cemetery, Salisbury, N.C.
11 a.m., at the First A.M.E. Zion Church in Bluefield. Interment will follow at Restlawn Cemetery, Bluewell.
11 a.m., at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell. Interment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
1 p.m., memorial service at the Grace Presbyterian Church in Lashmeet. Inurnment will follow at the McComas/Crotty Cemetery, Lashmeet.
- Lost souls: Parents, ‘fake grandma’ charged in 2 unrelated suicides
- W.Va. dad arrested in child's death
- Four arrested on felony child neglect charges stemming from unrelated teen suicides
- Guilty! Jury convicts Mills in decapitation case
- Left it all on the field: Bluefield dedicates hard-fought season to Lil’ Tony’s memory
- Warrants for December 8, 2019
- Mercer County woman found not guilty of attempted murder
- Icy conditions blamed for school bus accident at Montcalm
- Local resident killed in Tazewell County structure fire
- Bluefield officials to create Grant Street Bridge task force