Bramwell electrocution 2.jpg

Click here for video

Three men repairing a roof at one of Bramwell’s historic homes were electrocuted Monday morning after high winds blew their ladder into a high-tension line.

The three men, who suffered second- and third-degree burns to their feet, were on the ground but conscious when emergency personnel arrived on scene, Bramwell Fire Chief Joe Miller said. All three were transported by the Bluefield Rescue Squad to Bluefield Regional Medical Center.

Miller said the men’s injuries were not believed to be life threatening.

Recommended for you