Can you find out for me if the Seventh-Day Adventist Church still sells oranges and grapefruit? I have tried to call the church, no one answered, also wrote them a letter, and got no reply.They use to go south and bring them back in Nov. I would also like to know where Michael Haynes, the weather man on WVVA television went? We were away last winter when he left.
— Jewell Brown of Peterstown
Apparently it is not the church but the school, Valley View Seventh-Day Adventist School, that sells the fruit and distributes them from different locations each year. This year orders can be picked up at Ceres Elementary School and fruit can be ordered before 5 p.m. each Monday through March 6 by calling Debbie at (276) 326-6677, Mary Etta at 327-5878 or Vicki at 425-4559, or the 24-hour automated phone line at 320-8391. You can also order online at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are asked not to call volunteers between sunset Friday and sunset Saturday in observance of the church’s sabbath. Money raised will go toward the Bible in the Schools program at Ceres Elementary.
Also, I asked someone from WVVA about Michael Haynes and I was told to check out a place on WVVA’s website that tells all about what is going on with a number of WVVA alumni.
It you go to www.wvva.com and click on “About WVVA,” then “Meet the News Team,” then click the notation about “Where are they now” at the bottom of the page, it will show them all. According to the website, Michael Haynes left WVVA in January and moved on to Wheeling. He is now the chief meteorologist at WTRF Channel 7.
By Kathy Kish of the Daily Telegraph staff. If you have a question of general interest, write “Ask Kathy,’’ Lifestyles Department, Bluefield Daily Telegraph, P.O. Box 1599, Bluefield, WV 24701; or e-mail email@example.com.
- Mercer County Grand Jury returns February indictments
- Portrait of a narcissist: No place for Porterfield at Statehouse
- Capital clash: Complaint filed, lawsuit threatened in Porterfield – Steele verbal altercation
- Local man faces felony sexual abuse by a parent, guardian or custodian charges
- Fincastle running at ‘full tilt’ since Bluefield acquisition
- Couple guilty of murder, child neglect ask judge for new trial
- County school officials vote to demolish Northfork High
- Capital clash: Complaint filed, lawsuit threatened in Portfield, Steele verbal altercation
- Probable cause found for suspects in murder, robbery
- Local men indicted by Grand Jury for killing puppy