SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un apologized Friday over the killing of a South Korea official who was apparently trying to defect near the rivals’ disputed sea boundary, saying he’s “very sorry” about the incident, South Korean officials said.
NEW DELHI (AP) — India reported another 86,052 coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, a declining trend with recoveries exceeding new cases t…
BEIJING — Hong Kong Disneyland has reopened for the second time as the semi-autonomous Chinese city again appears to have brought new coronavi…
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Some of them raised their fists and called out “Black lives matter!” Others tended to the letters, flowers and signs gr…
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — China appears to be expanding its network of secret detention centers in Xinjiang, where predominantly Muslim minor…
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg is back. She joined fellow demonstrators outside the Swedish Parliament on Frid…
NORTHFORK — Traffic was back up Thursday after a train and a semi truck collided in the town of Northfork in McDowell County.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A man under federal investigation for alleged involvement in a scheme to stage expensive car crashes was shot to death insi…
PARIS (AP) — Already repeatedly trimmed, crowd sizes for the French Open have been reduced again ahead of play starting this weekend — to only…
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Students at Graham High, Middle and Intermediate schools will all stay at home for remote learning starting today and through…
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A federal judge has stopped the 2020 census from finishing at the end of September and ordered the once-a-decade head cou…
This Week's Circulars
1 p.m., at the Johnston Chapel Baptist Church near Princeton. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
2 p.m., at Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, Va. Burial will follow at Grandview Memory Gardens, Bluefield, Va.
7 p.m., at the Princeton First Assembly of God Church in Princeton. Burial on Saturday at 2 p.m. at Cross Creek Cemetery, Fayetteville, N.C.
1 p.m., at the George W. Seaver Chapel of Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
- Lively a free man after 2006 murder conviction overturned in "Doc" Whitley case (with video)
- Two new virus deaths reported in Mercer
- Mercer County man charged with felony child abuse resulting in serious injury
- Student tests positive for COVID-19 in Tazewell County
- City of Bluefield to sue Norfolk Southern Corporation over Grant Street Bridge
- Jim McCloskey still haunted by Roger Keith Coleman murder case
- Body discovered in Buchanan County, investigation underway
- Bluefield College reports 21 positive COVID-19 cases
- Teenager dies of COVID-19 in Virginia
- Mercer man facing charges of sexual assault of juvenile