850 Mercer County school children step back in time for a living history lesson during the 6th annual Mercer County Heritage Festival Friday. Read more
Mercer County Sheriff Tommy Bailey and Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sittler speaks about the traffic stop on Mercer Street that led to a police chase down Route 19 Monday. Read more
On Wednesday at the Bluefield Police Station, Chief D.M. Dillow announces that Lt. Aaron L. Crook was the Bluefield city police officer that was killed in the line of duty during a high speed pursuit on Princeton Avenue in Bluefield early Tuesday morning. Read more
A press conference was held Tuesday morning at Bluefield City Hall to discuss an accident involving the death of a Bluefield City police officer. Read more
As the weekend deadline looms, debate continues over how to fund pension and health care benefits for 22,000 retired miners and their families. Read more
Tazewell County Sheriff Brian Hieatt announces during a press conference that the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office had recieved a new weapon in the fight against Opioid overdose deaths. Read more
Approximately 400 students learn about life during Civil War during the annual Education Day at the Historic Crab Orchard Museum in Tazewell. Read more
West Virginia Secretary of State, Mac Warner speaks at 4th annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day Event at the Memorial Building in Princeton on March 26, 2017. Read more
Citizens express concerns about McDowell County while they await the doors to open at Mount View High School for the MSNBC town Hall Meeting Sunday. Chris Hayes, host of All in With Chris Hayes interviewed Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders during the event. Read more
Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler holds a press conference about a drug round up held by the Southern Regional Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force Thursday March 2, 2017. Read more
Video: Cabinet Secretary of the WV Department of Veterans Assistance holds a press conference in Princeton Read more
Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler holds a press conference about the Vance/Hazelwood murder investigation at the Mercer County Court House Annex Thursday Feb. 23, 2017. Read more
This Week's Circulars
11 a.m., graveside service at Roselawn Memorial Gardens in Princeton.
2 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Grandview Memory Gardens, Bluefield, Va.
1 p.m., memorial service at the Airport Church of God.
1 p.m., at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
11 a.m., at the Fanning Funeral Home Chapel in Welch. Burial will follow at Iaeger Memorial Cemetery, Roderfield.
- Woman dies in fiery crash in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Names released of individuals charged in drug round-up in Mercer County
- Mercer County Grand Jury indictment released
- Three now charged with first-degree murder in human remains case
- City of Bluefield revisiting animal restrictions
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by vehicle on U.S. Route 460
- Area Social Security recipients to receive 2020 cost of living adjustment
- Restaurant, general store and more: Progress on new ATV resort steadily coming along in Coaldale
- Mercer drug roundup: Dozens of suspects in custody
- ‘State-of-the-art’ facility: City of Bluefield plans spring groundbreaking for BAT transfer station