850 Mercer County school children step back in time for a living history lesson during the 6th annual Mercer County Heritage Festival Friday. Read more
Mercer County Sheriff Tommy Bailey and Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sittler speaks about the traffic stop on Mercer Street that led to a police chase down Route 19 Monday. Read more
On Wednesday at the Bluefield Police Station, Chief D.M. Dillow announces that Lt. Aaron L. Crook was the Bluefield city police officer that was killed in the line of duty during a high speed pursuit on Princeton Avenue in Bluefield early Tuesday morning. Read more
A press conference was held Tuesday morning at Bluefield City Hall to discuss an accident involving the death of a Bluefield City police officer. Read more
As the weekend deadline looms, debate continues over how to fund pension and health care benefits for 22,000 retired miners and their families. Read more
Tazewell County Sheriff Brian Hieatt announces during a press conference that the Tazewell County Sheriff's Office had recieved a new weapon in the fight against Opioid overdose deaths. Read more
Approximately 400 students learn about life during Civil War during the annual Education Day at the Historic Crab Orchard Museum in Tazewell. Read more
West Virginia Secretary of State, Mac Warner speaks at 4th annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day Event at the Memorial Building in Princeton on March 26, 2017. Read more
Citizens express concerns about McDowell County while they await the doors to open at Mount View High School for the MSNBC town Hall Meeting Sunday. Chris Hayes, host of All in With Chris Hayes interviewed Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders during the event. Read more
Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler holds a press conference about a drug round up held by the Southern Regional Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force Thursday March 2, 2017. Read more
Video: Cabinet Secretary of the WV Department of Veterans Assistance holds a press conference in Princeton Read more
Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler holds a press conference about the Vance/Hazelwood murder investigation at the Mercer County Court House Annex Thursday Feb. 23, 2017. Read more
This Week's Circulars
2 p.m., graveside service at the Monte Vista Park Cemetery.
2:45 p.m., graveside service at the Woodlawn Memorial Park Mausoleum in Bluewell. Burial will follow.
2 p.m., at the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at the Bowles Family Cemetery, Speedway.
2 p.m., at the Oakey's North Chapel in Roanoke, Va. Interment will follow at Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens.
87, of Bluefield, WV died Saturday, December 7, 2019. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory in Bluefield.
- Guilty! Jury convicts Mills in decapitation case
- Timeline to murder: Father testifies he lied about finding son’s headless body
- Princeton man charged with sexually abusing two juveniles
- Decapitation trial begins: Defense fires opening salvo at victim’s father
- Left it all on the field: Bluefield dedicates hard-fought season to Lil’ Tony’s memory
- Second Amendment sanctuary: Tazewell County votes to support right to bear arms
- Bench warrant issued after Princeton woman fails to show up for sentencing hearing
- Monroe County ambulance fee lawsuit voluntarily dismissed
- Tazewell County residents, officials honor long-time teacher, public servant Jones
- Bids being accepted at BSC: College looking to begin construction on Heritage Village housing project