As featured on
Justin McKinley Mitchelson, 31, was brought before Magistrate William Holroyd for a preliminary hearing. Mitchelson was arrested Jan. 9 along with John Michael Wimmer, 25, and charged with felony animal cruelty, a charge which carries a sentence of one to five years in prison.
The case started when a woman picking up children at Bluewell Elementary School saw the puppy being beaten outside the neighboring Kinser Apartments complex. Mercer County animal control officers took the puppy's remains Jan. 10 to Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va. where a veterinarian examined it.
- Giles County not expecting to be overwhelmed with virus cases
- Health officials confirm Tazewell County COVID-19 cases are in Bluefield and Cedar Bluff areas
- Third COVID-19 patient reported in Tazewell County, individual contracted virus through 'community spread'
- Tazewell County reports fourth COVID-19 case, Buchanan County has first infection
- Social Security checks to continue uninterrupted
- Bluewell native to appear on ‘Ellen’s Game of Games’ Tuesday evening
- Local Veterans Affairs doctor charged with sexually molesting veteran
- Motorcyclist dies after College Ave. collision
- ‘Community spread’: Multiple W.Va., Va. counties report new cases of coronavirus
- Probable cause found in case of Bluefield, Va., doctor accused of molesting a veteran