Staff photo by Eric DiNovo
The Danville Braves take on the Princeton Rays at Hunnicutt Field in Princeton Friday. A grand slam home run by Angelo Armenta and home run by Brett Wirely in the bottom of the second gave the Rays enough of an edge to win the game 5-4. The Rays and the Braves are back in action at Hunnicutt Saturday evening at 6:30 PM.
This Week's Circulars
3 p.m., at the George W. Seaver Chapel of Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton. Burial will follow at Elgood Cemetery.
4 p.m., memorial service at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
11 a.m., at the Bluewell United Methodist Church. Interment will follow at Woodlawn Memorial Park.
- Mayor in McDowell up for re-election arrested for drugs, DUI
- McDowell deputies make drug arrests after anonymous tip
- City of Bluefield begins process to obtain ‘controlled access’ at Exit 1
- Two injured after tractor trailer crashes over embankment on I-77
- ‘Back door patients:’ Bluefield, Va., doctor gets one month in prison for misbranding prescriptions
- Deputies investigating theft at Tender Mercies Ministries
- Three more local deaths blamed on COVID-19, one in Mercer and two in Tazewell
- Car crashes into home’s front porch on New Hope Road
- Northam declares state of emergency in Virginia due to gasoline supply disruptions
- More U.K. variant virus cases reported in McDowell, Mercer