Hundreds of police officers from all over West Virginia and Virginia crowded the Brushfork National Guard Armory to pay their respects to the late Lt. Aaron Crook and his family Saturday. From the armory, a large funeral procession of police vehicles and civilian cars made its way to Restwood Memorial Gardens in Hinton where Crook was laid to rest during a military graveside service by the U.S. Marine Corp.
As featured on
BRUSHFORK — Brushfork Armory was packed Saturday morning for the funeral of Bluefield Police…
Prosecuting Attorney George Sitler said at Wednesday’s hearing that his office planned to amend the charges against Walker to add fleeing causing death.
A Mercer County magistrate ruled Wednesday that there was probable cause in the case of a Princeton man facing a DUI charge in the May 30 death of a Bluefield police officer.
This Week's Circulars
3 p.m., at Mercer Funeral Home in Bluefield.
1 p.m., from the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory in Princeton. Burial will follow at the McManaway Family Cemetery, Pettry.
10 a.m., at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton. Interment will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens, Princeton.
2 p.m., at Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, Va. Burial will follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Thompson Valley, Va.
11 a.m., at the Mercer Funeral Home Chapel in Bluefield. Burial will follow at Roselawn Memorial Gardens.
- Virus cases jump again Saturday in Mercer, Tazewell and Buchanan counties
- Five more COVID-19 cases confirmed in Mercer, active infections climbs to 30 with 44 cases total
- Two injured after tanker and Jeep crash on I-77 in Mercer County
- Mercer health officials fear coronavirus surge
- Tanker truck, Jeep wreck injures two on Interstate 77
- Bigger fireworks show on tap for Princeton
- William Paul Cole, Jr., Bluefield’s longest serving mayor, has passed away
- Probable cause found in firefighter arson, murder case
- McDowell firefighter arrested for setting blaze that led to fellow fireman’s death
- Cigarette tax increase: Va. set to double rate on tobacco products