Two residents of the Princeton Health Care Center have already tested positive for COVID-19. Four staff members also have tested positive for the virus. Two have fully recovered, and another two continue to recover at home. A re-testing of all residents and staff members got underway Wednesday, and is expected to continue through Friday. Read more
PRINCETON — The total number of coronavirus cases in Mercer County rose to 50 on Sunday, according to the Mercer County Health Department. Read more
For most people, COVID-19 causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. However, for some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia and death. Read more
The number of active coronavirus cases in Mercer County climbed to 18 on Friday, continuing an upward trend in new infections. Mercer County has now reported 18 new COVID-19 cases in the last 10 days with a cumulative total of 31 infections to date. That total includes 13 people who have already recovered from the virus. Read more
This Week's Circulars
Premium Text Ads
BLUEFIELD, WV - Edwin Gratton "Dick" Royall 98 of Bluefield, WV died Sunday, August 9, 2020 at his home. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time. Those wishing to share memories or condolence messages with the family may do so by visiting www.MercerFuneralHome.com Mercer Funeral Hom…
Gwendolyn Mundy Barnes, 84 of Bluefield, VA passed away Sunday, August 9, 2020 at her home. Born March 10, 1936 in Glen Alum, WV she was a daughter of the late Reese William and Mildred Robinson Mundy and was a lifelong resident of Tazewell County. In addition to her parents, she was precede…
4 p.m., memorial service at the home of Chester and Millie Blankenship in Mohawk.
Okie Meadows, 82 of Princeton formerly of Basin died Sunday, August 9, 2020. To view the complete obituary please visit www.bailey-kirk.com. Arrangements by Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
- Princeton nursing home doctor afflicted with COVID-19 now on ventilator
- Fourth COVID-19 death reported at Princeton nursing home, administrator says some employees ‘have become extremely ill’
- VDH: Tazewell County now in 'moderate risk' zone for COVID-19
- McDowell Renaissance Village ready for occupants
- About 2,100 students sign up for virtual school option in Mercer Co.
- Following protocol: Princeton Community Hospital CEO explains nursing home hospitalizations
- New COVID-19 cases reported in Mercer, Tazewell, McDowell, Bland and Buchanan counties
- Deputies searching for armed robbery suspect in Mercer County
- COVID-19 death toll climbs to 11 in Mercer County
- Old Magic Mart building in Bluefield, Va. purchased by N.C. firm