Police say foul play isn’t suspected in the deaths of two Fayette County children found unconscious in their mobile home.
Fayette County sheriff’s Capt. James Sizemore says carbon monoxide poisoning also isn’t suspected. He tells media outlets that firefighters using carbon monoxide detectors found no indication of the gas in the home.
Sizemore says the victims were a 1-year-old girl and her 3-month-old brother. He says the mother found both children unconscious and not breathing Tuesday morning after she awoke.
Deputies called to the home performed CPR until an emergency crew arrived. The children were pronounced dead at Plateau Medical Center in Oak Hill. Their bodies were sent to the state medical examiner.
The children’s 4-year-old brother was taken to the hospital for observation. Sizemore says he wasn’t harmed.