- Sports column
Coaches look for growth
November 13, 2013
Investigation should shed light on bullying scandal in Miami
It’s difficult to make much sense of the actions in the Miami Dolphins locker room because it’s a culture most of us don’t understand and can’t comprehend.
November 13, 2013 1 Photo 5 Stories
Shakeups sure to leave good teams out of BCS title game
There’s plenty of football yet to be played this season, during which things have had a way of going wrong for the front-runners. Nevertheless, more than one good team is going to be left home to soothe its hurt feelings and be relegated to a lesser bowl.
November 8, 2013 1 Photo
New season, new hope
November 6, 2013
Changes to NCAA foul rules could lead to free-throw marathons
I attended a Big Ten basketball game in Bloomington, Ind., a few years ago where I was seated so close to the floor that I had to keep my feet pinned under my chair so I wouldn’t trip the referee as he raced up and down the court. The view from courtside left me with one shocking reaction: I no longer had any idea what was a foul.
November 5, 2013 1 Photo
The G-Men believed, even if no one else did
November 2, 2013
As the World Series ends, let's consider shortening games
World Series games, which once started about the time lunch was served, now begin long after dinner has been finished and the dishes washed and put away. Today’s night games, if you live in the Eastern time zone, can stretch into the next day.
October 31, 2013 1 Photo
Hokies still have hope, but need help from the offense
October 29, 2013
Is the NCAA a sinking ship?
The daily flow of bad news chronicling the NCAA seems to fall somewhere between damaging and defeated. By comparison, the NCAA’s myriad problems make the Obama Administration’s roll out of the Affordable Care Act look smooth.
October 29, 2013 1 Photo
Is there Cardinals fatigue?
October 27, 2013
- More Sports column Headlines
- Coaches look for growth
- Local Sports
- Giles’ single wing attack is a snap for Suroski 1 day 1 Photo
- Youth movement on the floor for G-Girls 1 day 1 Photo
- Rebels trap Bears, Green Wave falls to Indians 1 day
- ‘Sho-time’ 2 days 1 Photo
- ‘Sho-time’ 2 days 1 Photo
- Bluefield’s Simon selected as Coach of the Year 2 days 1 Photo
- ‘Elite Eleven’ honored as Player of Year banquet 2 days 1 Photo
- Bland County shoots past Rebels; Bulldogs bite Marion 2 days
- W.Va. girls basketball scores 2 days
- Va. prep basketball scores 2 days
- Generous gift jump-starts launch of Community Christmas Tree campaign 4 days 1 Photo
- Band, athletics teach vital lesson 4 days 1 Photo
- Community is the holiday heart for Little Jimmie, Holiday Homes Tour 5 days 1 Photo
- The gift that keeps giving 6 days 1 Photo
- A second opinion on the benefits of the Affordable Care Act of 2013 6 days
- Wintry weather can bring treacherous travel, but seeing family worth it 7 days 1 Photo
- Two vehicles, one jammed door and a celestial light show for the holiday 8 days 1 Photo
- Another important American tradition is under attack by the left 9 days
- Thanksgiving can cause melancholy memories that produce great joy 10 days 1 Photo
- Traffic, guns, movies, more 10 days
- NDN Video
- Mandela declares 'I am a Yankee' at Yankee Stadium in 1990 No Charges in Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case Rose: Recovery 'shouldn't be hard' Pinkel Focuses on Auburn Northwestern vs NC State | 2013 ACC Basketball Highlights Wisconsin vs Virginia | 2013 ACC Basketball Highlights Michigan vs Duke | 2013 ACC Basketball Highlights NFL Fines Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin $100,000 Ellsbury bolts Boston for the Bronx Petros Ponders: The Sarkisian decision Rex apologizes for Jets' play Sarkisian introduced at USC Coach Cal & Clinton's conversation Boomer: Thank you, Auburn for knocking off Bama Meyer: Buckeyes focused on MSU defense Billick: Stanford's Shaw is next hot NFL coaching prospect Penn State's Bill O'Brien talks Wisconsin Win Billick's Power Rankings - Week 14 Billick: Jets future with Geno Sarkisian named new USC head coach