BLUEFIELD, Va. — The Bluefield Va. Youth Basketball League is accepting applications for its upcoming 2012-13 season. Applications may be picked up at local Virginia schools, Town Hall in Bluefield, Va., or online at bluefieldva.org, under the News Tab. For more details, contact Lee Riffe at 276-322-5443. Deadline for entries is Nov. 22.
EAST RIVER — East River Soccer Association is currently accepting signups for adult league fall soccer. Cost is $50 per player. Players can register as individuals or form their own teams. More information and forms may be found at www. eastriversoccer. com or people may contact 304-922-4996.
HALL OF FAME NOMINATIONS
WELCH — Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 inductees into the McDowell County Sports Hall of Fame. Twelve former coaches, players and supporters will be inducted in May. Ballots may be acquired from the Welch Lions Club, any of the area chairmen or by printing a form off Facebook from the Mighty Welch Lions Clubs Hall of Fame site. Committee chairmen include Fred Schrom, Leroy Johnson, Jerry Horne, Gary Dove and Troy Hawks. Forms can also be sent to the Welch Lions Club, Box 97, Welch, W.Va. 24801. Any questions should be addressed to any of the area chairmen or a member of the Welch Lions Club. The deadline for ballots to be accepted is Jan. 31, 2013.
IAEGER — Gilbert Shotokan Karate Academy in Iaeger is offering adult karate classes on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30-9:30. Youth (7-12) classes are Tuesday and Thursday at 5 p.m. and Monday at 7:30. Kids class (6 and under) is Monday at 5 p.m. Women’s Self-Defense classes are Wednesday at 7:30 to 8:30. Instructor is Gehrig Justice (2nd Dan). The dojo’s phone number is 304-938-2411.
PRINCETON — The Princeton Parks and Recreation Department is now accepting new members for the Silverettes Majorette class and dance class. Classes are on Tuesday evenings, with majorettes from 5:30 to 6:30 and dance from 6:30 to 7:30. The first class is free. For more information, call Crystale Farmer at 304-887-4549 or the Princeton Recreation Center at 304-487-5040.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — The Sarver Tennis Club at Sedgewood currently accepts enrollment for the 2012-2013 school term Junior Tennis Program. Also, private lesson appointments are available on a limited basis. Seasonal memberships can be purchased (Sept. 1-May 31) as well. The Tennis Club operates under the direction of Matthew Sarver, USPTR and Steve Sarver, USPTA, USPTR. For additional information and to register, please contact Matthew Sarver at 304-920-7817 or 304-888-6075.
PRINCETON — Wayne Redman, a USPTA professional in Princeton, will giving lessons and clinics. For more info, call Redman at 304-487-6606 or 304-952-8447.
ADULT TENNIS LEAGUE
PRINCETON — An adult tennis league is now being held at the Princeton Senior High School courts. Singles are held on Tuesday, with doubles on Thursday. The co-ed league is open to all ages and playing levels. Loaner racquets are available for newcomers. A 10-and-under league will be developed in the spring. For more information, call 888-775-7075.
Sports calendar items should be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 1599, Bluefield, WV 24701. Calendar items will run in the print edition as space permits.
- Sports calendar
Sports calendar for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
March 11, 2014
Sports calendar for Sunday, March 9, 2014
March 9, 2014
Sports calendar for Monday, March 3, 2014
March 3, 2014
Regional sports calendar
March 1, 2014
Regional sports calendar
February 26, 2014
Sports calendar for Monday, Feb. 24, 2014
February 24, 2014
Sports calendar for Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014
February 19, 2014
Sports calendar for Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014
February 18, 2014
Sports calendar for Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014
February 16, 2014
Regional sports calendar
February 12, 2014
- More Sports calendar Headlines
- Sports calendar for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Local Sports
- BSC women get ECAC postseason bid 20 hours
- Bluefield College baseball batters Barons 20 hours 1 Photo
- Concord baseball fourth in Atlantic Region 20 hours
- Bluefield College honors historic 1998-99 hoops team 20 hours 1 Photo
- BSC golf puts freshmen on the fairways 20 hours
- Beamer, Jones to be grand marshals at Bristol 20 hours
- Concord baseball wins 8th straight 1 day 2 Photos
- Big Blues go 4-0 at Greenbrier tennis invitational 1 day
- Honaker girls reach state basketball title game 2 days 1 Photo
- Concord sweeps 2 from Notre Dame College 2 days 2 Photos
- College Sports
- Heartbreaker: Baylor edges WVU in title game 20 hours 1 Photo
- Odds are slim for Marshall men 20 hours
- Hokies draw Hurricanes in ACC first round 20 hours 1 Photo
- WVU tops Texas to reach Big 12 title game 1 day 1 Photo
- Maryland stuns Virginia in Terps' ACC finale 1 day 1 Photo
- Staten's adjustments lead to Big 12 first-team honor 1 day 1 Photo
- Glenville women, UC men take first MEC basketball crowns 1 day
- Clemson hands Va. Tech baseball fourth loss in a row 1 day
- Mountaineers shoot down No. 8 Jayhawks 2 days 1 Photo
- WVU women advance to Big 12 tournament semifinals 2 days
- NDN Video
- Stars Game Postponed After Player Collapse ACC Tournament Preview: Virginia Title Easy As A, B, C WCC Championship Semifinal Round Press Conference - Gonzaga and Pacific Women Carl Baptiste emotional after CAA tournament title win Fantasy Baseball Sleepers: Pitchers North Carolina vs Duke | 2014 ACC Basketball Highlights Iowa State Bill Fennelly Rant Green goes for 27 in Celtics win Morosi: Dodgers spring training report WCC Championship Quarterfinal Round Press Conference - BYU and Loyola Marymount Men WCC Championship Quarterfinal Round Press Conference - Gonzaga and Santa Clara Men Recap: UCLA vs. Washington State LeBron James: 'We had our chances' vs. Bulls Gabe's Top Teams for 2014: Los Angeles Dodgers Dunk of the Year? SI Now: Why Mark Cuban's NCAA comments are 'laughably wrong' Swim Daily, Marisa Miller 2004 SI Now: What's worse for baseball: gambling or steroids? Gabe's Top Teams for 2014: Boston Red Sox Highlights: (6) Villanova vs. Xavier