• WORTHLESS CHECKS: Sgt. S.J. Cary arrested William Marsh, 27, of Hinton on warrants.
• INTOXICATION IN A PUBLIC PLACE; CONTRIBUTING TO DELINQUENCY OR NEGLECT OF A CHILD (THREE COUNTS); OBSTRUCTING AN OFFICER; TRESPASSING: Dep. A.M. Ballard was patrolling the U.S. Rt. 52 area in Bluefield near the new interchange when he observed two vehicles parked near the new bridge. Upon closer inspection, the officer noticed five individuals in the car, three females and two males. The officer also observed the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage and two cases of beer in one of the vehicles. The officer conducted a blood alcohol administered a test to all present. Matthew Bishop, 20, of Kimball, and three juveniles were cited for underage consumption. Allegedly when the officer requested the driver of one of the vehicles, who was the only member of the party that could legally possess alcohol, to dispose of the beverages he refused and became belligerent. Joshua Mitchem, 22, of Kimball was arrested.
• PETIT LARCENY: A female subject advised Dep. J.D. Ellison that electronics had been taken from her vehicle while she was at the Dairy Queen on Oakvale Road.
• DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY: Sgt. S.J. Cary learned that windows had been broken out of two vehicles on Old Athens Road.
• DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY: A female subject advised that her vehicle had been “keyed” on Union Avenue near Princeton.
• PETIT LARCENY: A female advised that her home had been entered and items were missing.
• PETIT LARCENY: A female informed Dep. J.E. Coulter that she believed a tenant of her boyfriend's had stolen money from her purse.
• PETIT LARCENY: A male subject advised Dep. A.M. Ballard that a trunk on the back of his car parked at the Sleep Inn was missing.
• ROBBERY: A female subject reported to Lt. K.W. Reed that her purse had been forcibly taken from the parking lot of Mercer Mall.
• BURGLARY; GRAND LARCENY: Dep. J.E. Coulter learned that a home on Beckley Road had been broken into and an undetermined amount of jewelry was missing.
• UNDERAGE CONSUMPTION; TRESPASSING: Dep. A.M. Ballard observed a vehicle travel on to a closed roadway at the Ammar Interchange in Bluefield. The officer conducted a traffic stop and observed a strong odor of alcohol coming from the vehicle. The officer administered a PBT test. It was learned that a juvenile had a BAC of 0.112 and was cited for Underage Consumption.
• PETIT LARCENY: A female reported that she believed insulin shots she had obtained earlier that day were found to be missing after she had gone shopping in Mercer Mall.
• BURGLARY; GRAND LARCENY: A male reported that two males had entered his home at Davidson's Mobile Home Park in Bluefield and fired a shot after demanding money and taken money from a safe in the residence.
• BURGLARY; PETIT LARCENY: Dep. C.K. Lester responded to 84 Lumber on Coal Heritage Road in Bluefield and learned that items were missing from the business.
• DOMESTIC BATTERY (TWO COUNTS); MALICIOUS WOUNDING (TWO COUNTS): Sgt. S.J. Cary learned that a female had sustained several injuries and was being treated at Princeton Community Hospital. The officer noted that the female reluctantly informed that she had been arguing with her ex-husband and he had injured her. She further informed that she was scared of him and that if he found out she was talking to the officer, the man would kill her. The female also told the officer that she had sustained her injuries in two separate incidents. Edward Lambert, 49, of Kegley, was arrested.
• FORGERY; UTTERING: A female reported that checks she did not write were cashed at Walmart and Tom's Resale. Warrants are pending.
• BREAKING AND ENTERING TO AN OUTBUILDING: A male subject advised Dep. D.A. Furches that items were missing from his outbuilding on Union Drive in Princeton.
• ASSAULT: Dep. J.E. Coulter took the report of a female and her mother that another female had verbally accosted the female.
• BURGLARY: A female subject reported that a home had been ransacked in Bluefield. She advised that nothing appeared to be missing.
- Police Blotter
- McDowell County grand jury indictment list released
- Police blotter - February 23, 2014
- Mercer County grand jury indictments
- Princeton police blotter Jan. 30-Feb. 5
- Princeton Police blotter 1/24-1/30
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Jan. 9-15
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Dec. 26- Jan 1
- Police blotter - December 22, 2013
- Princeton police blotter 12/8
- Princeton Police Department Oct. 24-29
- More Police Blotter Headlines