Jan. 1 • DRIVING UNDER THE INFLU?ENCE, SIMPLE POSSESSION:
Ptlm. M.B Gergely was at Sonic on Stafford Drive, when she was advised there was a man in the lot driving a truck with a small child inside, who looked as though he fell asleep several times at the drive-through window. The office located the vehicle and asked the driver to step out of the vehicle, noting he had difficulty standing when he emerged from the truck. Gergely reported that the man's pupils were very small and did not respond to light. He also failed field sobriety testing, and a search of his pockets reportedly yielded Lorcet tablets, which the suspect advised he had for a toothache. William Jason Browning, 28, of Princeton, was charged with DUI and simple possession.
• DUI, OBSTRUCTING AN OFFI?CER: While patrolling at the Princeton-Athens crossroads, Ptlm. C.S. Winkler reported seeing a red Pontiac Grand Am fail to signal, turn, make a very erratic lane change and left turn. The officer initiated a traffic stop, reporting that the driver was weeping, saying his wife just left him. Winkler reported a strong smell of cologne, but he was not able to smell the driver's breath to detect the pres?ence of alcohol. Winkler let the driver go, only to be contacted by other offi?cers, who advised his wife flagged them down to report he was intoxi?cated.
Winkler followed the suspect and pulled him over again, again reporting the overpowering odor of cologne. The driver reportedly failed field sobriety testing and a registered over the legal limit on a preliminary breath test. Raymond Dunn, 41, of Princeton, was charged with DUI and obstructing.
• DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE:
Ptlm. C.S. Winkler responded to a disturbance on Princeton Avenue, where a complainant advised a woman was intoxicated and he wanted her removed from his house. The officer transported the woman to her mother's house.
• DOMESTIC DISPUTE: Ptlm. S.R. Pauley responded to Bee Street, where a domestic dispute was in progress. The complainant advised that a male and female were inside arguing. Both parties reported they were involved in a verbal disagree?ment and that there was no physical altercation.
• AGGRAVATED DUI: While patrolling Princeton, Ptlm. J.S. Bish reported seeing a blue Jeep Grand Cherokee with a brake light malfunc?tioning. The vehicle was also reported swerving, crossing the center line and responding slowly to traffic lights. The officer initiated a traffic stop on Courthouse Road, finding the driver nervous. She allegedly failed field sobriety testing and a preliminary breath test. Tiffany Cline, 18, of Princeton, was charged with aggravated DUI and cited for traffic violations.
• DOMESTIC BATTERY: Ptlm. S.R. Pauley responded to Courthouse Plaza apartments, where a complainant advised that her boyfriend pushed her into a wall and hit her head against the wall. Michael Bolden, 43, of Princeton, was charged with domestic battery, after the officer investigated the scene and talked with witnesses.
Jan. 4 • SIMPLE POSSESSION, DUI: Ptlm. M.B. Gergely was patrolling Thorn Street, when she reported seeing a gray Chevy truck turn onto the street without giving a signal. She initiated a traffic stop on Rogers Street, where the driver allegedly appeared nervous. The officer reported finding four Xanax tablets and 1 hydrocodone wrapped in plastic inside the vehicle. The driver also advised he had two syringes in his pocket, where he shot up Dilaudid earlier. David Gillespie, 42, of Lashmeet, was charged with simple possession.
- Police Blotter
- Princeton Police Blotter Feb. 27-March 5
- McDowell County grand jury indictment list released
- Police blotter - February 23, 2014
- Mercer County grand jury indictments
- Princeton police blotter Jan. 30-Feb. 5
- Princeton Police blotter 1/24-1/30
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Jan. 9-15
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Dec. 26- Jan 1
- Police blotter - December 22, 2013
- Princeton police blotter 12/8
- More Police Blotter Headlines