• SHOPLIFTING: While searching for a Mitsubishi Galant wanted in connection with a Sheetz theft, Sgt. D.B. Whited located a car matching that description in front of Smoker Friendly on Stafford Drive. While speaking with the occupants, the officer reported finding cigars carrying stickers matching those of Smoker Friendly. An employee there allegedly advised the subject was in the store but did not pay for the cigars. Jackie Riggs, 32, of Princeton, was cited for shoplifting, and the property was returned to Smoker Friendly.
• PETIT LARCENY, TAMPERING WITH VEHICLE: Ptlm. J.E. Malm received a walk-in complaint regarding a theft that reportedly happened the previous day. The complainant advised that he was inside the Salvation Army Thrift Store when he looked out and noticed his car door open. The man exited the store and reportedly found a woman rummaging through the interior of his car. The man reported cash stolen from his car. He later identified a suspect from a photo lineup. Warrants are pending for the suspect.
• BATTERY: Ptlm. C.L. Mullins and Sgt. D.B. Whited spoke with a juvenile who advised he was struck by another juvenile. The report was forwarded to juvenile authorities.
• PETIT LARCENY: Ptlm. J.E. Malm responded to a 911 in reference to stolen property from Kroger. A witness allegedly reported that he saw someone load a vehicle with several baskets from Kroger’s display. A representative of the store advised the value of the plants to be approximately $100.
• SHOPLIFTING: Ptlm. D.B. Morey responded to Grant’s on East Main Street, where a white male reportedly stole two flower pots. Morey located a suspect on Seventh Street and transported him to Grant’s for verification. Jeffery Johnson, 19, of Princeton, was cited for shoplifting.
• DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY: Ptlm. J.E. Malm responded to Thorn Street, where a complainant advised that someone broke the rear window of his vehicle.
• PUBLIC INTOXICATION: Officers responded to Mercer Street, where a complainant advised two subjects were walking on the sidewalk in an intoxicated state. According to a report by Ptlm. R.S. Gibson, officers identified a male and a female, who allegedly staggered and smelled of alcohol. One had an open container of malt liquor. Gibson also reported seeing a wrapper containing a white residue consistent with cocaine. The man alleged it was baking soda, and a field narcotics test indicated the substance was not cocaine. David Cecil, 43, of Princeton, and Edna Runyon, 42, of Princeton, were arrested for public intoxication and transported to Southern Regional Jail.
• SHOPLIFTING: Sgt. D.B. Whited responded to Kroger, where a complainant advised that he saw a red Lincoln SUV steal a bird bath and several ferns from the store.
• UNDERAGE CONSUMPTION: Ptlm. D.A. Weatherly responded to a report of a reckless driver on Athens Road. The officer located a suspect vehicle on Thorn Street and initiated a traffic stop. While speaking with the passenger in the vehicle, Weather reported learning that the driver was underage and had been drinking alcohol. Tyler Hollinsworth, 18, of Princeton, was cited for underage consumption.
• POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE – MARIJUANA: Princeton Police officers received a complaint of a suspicious vehicle parked in the lot of Princeton Moose Lodge. Upon arrival, officers identified a red and black pickup truck with two occupants inside. Ptlm. R.S. Gibson reported shining a light in the vehicle and allegedly seeing one passenger put something under the seat. The officer located approximately 5 grams of a substance appearing to be marijuana in the floorboard of the vehicle. The suspect allegedly told the officer he smoked marijuana to keep from drinking alcohol. James Dickerson, 36, of Princeton, was cited for possession of marijuana.
- Police Blotter
- McDowell County grand jury indictment list released
- Police blotter - February 23, 2014
- Mercer County grand jury indictments
- Princeton police blotter Jan. 30-Feb. 5
- Princeton Police blotter 1/24-1/30
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Jan. 9-15
- Princeton Police, Mercer Sheriff blotters Dec. 26- Jan 1
- Police blotter - December 22, 2013
- Princeton police blotter 12/8
- Princeton Police Department Oct. 24-29
- More Police Blotter Headlines