PRINCETON POLICE DEPARTMENT
• SHOPLIFTING: Ptlm. J.E. Malm and Ptlm. J.S. Bish responded to the Dollar General Store on Mercer Street, where a manager reported that a woman was caught shoplifting a package of Hanes camouflage boxer shorts, Sour Patch Kids, and a pair of earbuds. Kaye Lusk, 21, of Rock, was cited for shoplifting.
• ENTER WITHOUT BREAKING: Ptlm. J. E. Malm and Ptlm. J.S. Bish responded to North Caperton Avenue, where a burglary was reported in progress. The resident’s power of attorney reported that the resident’s daughter entered the house without permission and attempted to take a stove from the home. The officers then observed the female suspect and a man attempting to remove the stove with a dolly. Warrants are pending.
• Information only: Ptlm. E.D. Leftwich received a report from a Straley School representative advising that a parent became upset during a conference regarding concerns about his son and another child. During the session, the parent allegedly made a statement indicating, “There is no sense wasting a $3 bullet.” The school employee became concerned and contacted authorities. The officer spoke with families at both homes and all parties agreed it would be better if the boys involved stayed away from each other.
• SHOPLIFTING: Officers responded to a report of a shoplifter at the Dollar General on Stafford Drive. According to a report by Ptlm. J.D. Halsey, officers were advised that subjects stole four toy action figures, one package of Tide Pods, one bottle of Downy Unstoppables and a box of fabric softener sheets before fleeing in a silver Ford Taurus. The investigation was ongoing.
• FINANCIAL EXPLOITATION OF AN ELDERLY PERSON: Ptlm. J.E. Malm and Ptlm. J.S. Bish received a report from a power of attorney representative for an elderly person. The complainant reported that someone stole checks from the elderly person. After talking with several parties involved, the officers determined there was no evidence of a crime being committed.