BLUEFIELD POLICE DEPARTMENT
THEFT: Officers received reports of a theft on Locust Street at 9:42 a.m. Officers reported the complainants wasn’t sure if the money was actually stolen and advised him of his options.
STRAY: Officers received reports of a stray animal on Jones Street at 10:14 a.m. Animal Control Officer Randall Thompson filed an animal control report and transported the animal to the Mercer County Animal Shelter.
LEAVING THE SCENE: Officers received reports of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Bland Road at 12:13 p.m. Officers filed a crash report.
COUNTERFEIT: Officers received reports of counterfeit on Bland Street at 1:12 p.m. Officers reported the money came directly from the bank and advised the complainant of their options.
BURGLARY: Officers received reports of a burglary on Marellen Avenue at 4:46 p.m. Officers filed an offense report.
ILLEGAL PARKING: Officers received reports of an illegally parked vehicle on Goolman Lane at 5:25 p.m. Officers advised complainants of their options and reported the owners agreed to move the vehicle.
TRESPASSING: Officers received reports of trespassing on Balsam Street at 6:07 p.m. Officers filed an offense report and arrested one male subject.
THEFT: Officers received reports of a stolen cell phone on Frederick Street at 6:42 p.m. Officers reported the property was retrieved and returned to the owner.
THEFT: Officers received reports of a stolen cell phone on Carolina Avenue at 7:19 p.m. Officers filed an offense report.
BLUEFIELD POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Police Blotter
Princeton police blotter 12/8
December 7, 2013
Princeton Police Department Oct. 24-29
November 3, 2013
Bluefield Police blotter Oct. 13
October 15, 2013
Bluefield Police blotter Oct. 8
October 10, 2013
Princeton police blotter Sept. 26-30
October 5, 2013
Bluefield Police blotter Sept. 30
October 2, 2013
Tazewell County grand jury Sept. 24
September 24, 2013
Bluefield Police Department Sept. 19 & 22
September 23, 2013
Princeton police blotter Sept. 21
September 21, 2013
Bluefield Police Department August 28-29
September 1, 2013
- More Police Blotter Headlines
- Princeton police blotter 12/8
- Cold Case Archives
- 2007 Welch murder remains unsolved 821 days
- Murder in church: Police seek tips on Osborne’s killer 828 days
- 1981 murder of local businessman remains unsolved 835 days
- Welch resident shot to death in 1990 picket line violence 842 days
- ’89 murder remains unsolved 849 days
- Death of Bluefield youth remains mystery to police 856 days
- ‘We have no suspects at all’ — Fatal Big Sandy blaze remains under investigation 863 days 1 Photo
- ‘Open and unsolved’ — Disappearance and murder of McDowell County woman remains a mystery to police 870 days
- Ransom murder one of the oldest cold cases currently being investigated by state police 877 days
- Gone without a trace — Probe into disappearance of Mercer County woman, friend ongoing since 1992 884 days 1 Photo
- EPA Mact Act: A common sense approach 5 hours
- Our own Grinch? Light display theft a contemptible act 1 day
- Unfair burden: Time to strip tolls from W.Va. Turnpike 2 days
- Property crimes: Vigilance, dedication vital tools 4 days
- Listening tour: Is the EPA listening to lawmakers? 5 days
- Renaissance Theater: Mercer Street renovations continue 6 days
- Alarming increase: Nine meth labs in one month 7 days
- Little Jimmie: A tradition of love 9 days
- Safety first: Beware of holiday scammers 10 days
- Ready, set — shop: Support our local economy 11 days
Would you be willing to spend $500 this Christmas on a new Xbox One video game console? After voting, go to facebook.com/bdtonline to comment.