• Mr. Harold Linkous Goodman, 73, of Pounding Mill, Va., died Friday, March 28, 2008. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va.
• Terence Courtney Martin, of Bland, Va., died Saturday, March 29, 2008. Arrangements by Bland Funeral Chapel, Bland.
• Lila Jane Payne, 73, of Panther, died Friday, March 28, 2008 in a nursing home at Phelph, Ky. Virginia Funeral Home of Grundy, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. Arch Edgar Stevens, 76, of Baptist Valley section of Cedar Bluff, Va., died Thursday, March 27, 2008 in a Bristol, Tenn. hospital following a lengthy illness. Hurst-Scott Funeral Home in Richlands, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Ronald J. “Jack” Wall, 74, of 601 Kirby Ave., Princeton, died Saturday, March 29, 2008 at Princeton Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
Larry Wayne Akers
PETERSTOWN — Larry Wayne Akers, age 50, of Peterstown, passed away Thursday, March 27, 2008 at his home.
Born March 22, 1958 at Lindside, W.Va., he was the son of James Heyward and Nellie F. Hall Akers of Cashmere, W.Va. He was formerly employed with A.R. Neely Construction, and was of the Baptist faith.
He was preceded in death by one brother, Heyward Akers.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by two daughters, Amanda and Miranda Akers of Pembroke, Va.; one brother, David Akers and wife Patricia of Cashmere, W.Va.; three sisters, Leta Dunn and fiancé Greg Bradley of Dublin, Va., Nita Thomas and fiancé Jeff Shorter of Peterstown, W.Va., and Brenda Lee Lafferty and husband Randy of Bluefield, W.Va.; aunt and uncle, Debbie and John Webber of Snowville, Va.; great-uncle, Bill Faulkner of Cashmere, W.Va.; several nieces and nephews and great-nieces and nephews.
Memorial services will be 2:00 p.m. Sunday (today), March 30, 2008 at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home Chapel, Peterstown, W.Va., with the Rev. Daymond Snuffer officiating. Friends may call from 12:00 noon until time of services.
- Obituary Archives
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
Earl McDonald Stillwell
BLUEFIELD — Earl McDonald Stillwell, 85 of Penmar Ave., Bluefield, West Virginia went to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Aubrey Bazel Lawson
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Aubrey Bazel Lawson, 96 of Bluefield, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
John L. Belcher
FRANKLIN, Va. — John Lundy Belcher, 78, passed away July 27, 2014 at his home.
KIMBALL — James Gianato, age 87, of Kimball, WV, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a short Illness.
Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin
LERONA — On July 25, 2014, Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin, 84, was called home to be with Jesus and reunite with her precious Ronald.
Douglas W. Jenkins
PRINCETON — Douglas W. Jenkins, 90, of Princeton formerly of Lashmeet died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at Princeton Health Care Center.
James “Jake” Jackson Jr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — James “Jake” Jackson, Jr. age 65 of the Mudfork community in Bluefield, VA went to be with the Lord on Friday, July 25, 2014.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge