• Darian Scott Nagle, 42, of Gilbert, died Friday, March 14, 2008. Mounts Funeral Home of Gilbert is in charge of arrangements.
• Laura Thomas, 106, of Bartley, died Sunday, March 16, 2008, at Welch Community Hospital. Fanning Funeral Home of War is in charge of arrangements.
• Dorothy Alice White, 51, of P.O. Box 343, Freeman, died Friday, March 14, 2008 at UVA Medical Center in Charlottesville, Va. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Gary Samuel Williams, 53, of 2810 Clovis St., Bluefield, died Saturday, March 15, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• Helen Wisdom, of Sumter, S.C., formerly of Bluefield, died Saturday, March 15, 2008, in Sumter. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home of Bluefield.
Ennice G. Allen
BRAMWELL — Ennice G. “Ency” Allen, age 88, of Bramwell, W.Va., passed away on Saturday, March 15, 2008 in Bluefield at the residence of her daughter, Nancy (Judie) Marcum-Holley.
Born on July 4, 1919 on Bramwell Hill in Bramwell, she was a daughter of the late Jesse Franklin and Anna Maude McBride Hill. She had been a lifelong resident of Bramwell and was a member of the Bramwell Presbyterian Church. She was a homemaker.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Donald E. “Don” Allen on April 18, 1997; four sisters, Louise Goodson, Mamie Bailey, Frances (Pom) Eller, and Charlotte Boyd; and a brother, Clifton Hill.
Survivors include: Two daughters: Nancy (Judie) Marcum-Holley and husband John of Bluefield, Rebecca (Becky) Allen of Bluefield; two grandchildren: Allen M. Marcum and wife Sandra Pepin of Jacksonville, Fla., Larry F. Marcum and wife Kellan of West Palm Beach, Fla.; three great- grandchildren: Nick Fernandes, Victoria and Ethan Ives; one sister: June J. Bailey and husband Leonard of Bluefield; two brothers: Hugh L. Hill and wife Jean of Gahanna, Ohio, Lindy D. Hill and wife June of Highland Springs, Va.
- Obituary Archives
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
Jerry Van Goforth
BRUSHFORK — Jerry Van Goforth 70 of Brushfork, WV passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
Ricky Lane Slade
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Ricky Lane Slade, age 48, of Charlotte, NC, formerly of Bluefield, VA, passed away in Charlotte on Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
Emily Elizabeth “Betty” Barrett
PRINCETON — Emily Elizabeth “Betty” Barrett, 89, of The Havens, New Hope Road, Princeton, departed from this life early Sunday morning, April 13, 2014 at Serenity Place on the Browns Ridge Road, Lerona.
Smith Thomas Carr
MONROE, N.C. — Smith Thomas Carr, age 37, of Monroe, NC, formerly of Rocky Gap, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 following a tree accident on his job.
Iris O'Quinn McClanahan
ABINGDON, Va. — Iris O'Quinn McClanahan, age 81, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Grace Health Care.
Norma J. Meadows
POUNDING MILL, Va. — Norma J. Meadows, age 84, of Pounding Mill, Virginia entered into eternal rest in Abingdon, Virginia on Thursday, April 17, 2014 after an extended illness.
James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten
BLUEFIELD, Va. — James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten, age 24, of Bluefield, VA, passed away, April 14, 2014.
Harry Edward Kight
DEEP CREEK LAKE, Md. — Harry Edward Kight, age 89, of Deep Creek Lake, MD and Severna Park, MD, passed away on April 15, 2014 in Severna Park.
Kenneth Dean Jackson Sr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Kenneth Dean Jackson, Sr., Bluefield, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- George Pearis Damewood III