• Bernice Neely Clark, 92, of Roanoke, Va., formerly of Narrows, Va., died Friday, March 14, 2008 at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Riffe’s Funeral Service in Narrows is in charge of arrangements.
• Ocie Taylor Lester, 91, of Big Rock, Va., died Thursday, March 13, 2008 at Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, Tenn. following an extended illness. Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Michael Ray (Mo) Matney, 50, of Breaks, Va., died Thursday, March 13, 2008. Shortridge-Ramey Funeral Home of Grundy, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Justin Keith Matusevich, 21, of Bluewell, died Friday, March 14, 2008 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Dudley Memorial Mortuary in Bluefield, Va.
• George W. Nunley Jr., 71, of North View Estates, Bluefield, died Thursday, March 13, 2008 at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Beckley. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Kermit T. Sigmon, 81, of Route 5 (Airport Road), Bluefield, died Friday, March 14, 2008 at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
Arthur Robert Barrett
BLUEFIELD — Arthur Robert Barrett, 86, of 826 Old Bramwell Road of Bluefield, W.Va., passed away on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at his residence with his family by his side.
Arthur was born on December 24, 1921 in Augusta, Colo. to the late Arthur Glen Barrett and Bessie Tate Barrett.
He had been a resident of Bluefield for the past 84 years, where he was a member of the Bluefield Church of Nazarene. Throughout his life in Bluefield Mr. Barrett became known as one of the best brick masons and concrete finishers in the area while he worked in the construction field. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army serving in World War II receiving several medals while in service. Arthur was a member of the UMWA and a member of the VFW.
In addition to his parents, Arthur was preceded in death by four brothers: Jasper, Claude, Silas and Delbert Barrett and four sisters: Emma Lou, May Ellen, Nancy and Rosalie.
- Obituary Archives
Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.
SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Leonard (Bob) R. Richard, Jr., 69, went to be with the Lord Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Rev. Aaron Thomas Godfrey
CHICAGO, Ill. — Rev. Aaron Thomas (Tommy) Godfrey, of Chicago, formerly of Bluefield, W.Va. made his transition on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in the Vistas Hospice Unit of Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
Earl French Hadden
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Earl French Hadden, of Wilmington, NC died April 17, 2014 at Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center.
Frances Loredith Yates
BIG ROCK, Va. — Frances Loredith Yates, Age 77, Big Rock, Virginia passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home, Grundy, Virginia.
Sonja Fay Kirk Davis
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Sonja Fay Kirk Davis, age 36, of North Tazewell, VA died Thursday, April 10, 2014 at her home.
Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters
BLUEFIELD — Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters, 87, of Bluefield, died Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kissito Healthcare of Bland County in Bastian, VA.
Janice Ann Ollis
BLUEFIELD — Janice Ann Ollis, 61, of Bluefield, formerly of Bramwell, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014 at the home of her daughter.
Helen JoAnn Lester
PANTHER — Helen JoAnn Lester, know to most as "Grandma", 76, of Panther, WV, passed away peacefully April 17, 2014 at her home.
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
Jerry Van Goforth
BRUSHFORK — Jerry Van Goforth 70 of Brushfork, WV passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.