• Betty Louise Bond Arrington, 47, of Elkton, Md., died Monday, Feb. 18, 2008 at Christiana Hospital in Newark, Del., following a brief illness. Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Joseph “Joe” Blackburn, 67, of Tazewell, Va., died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008 at Tazewell Community Hospital in Tazewell. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
• Carl T. Chaffins Sr., 61, of Hensley, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2008 at his residence. Funeral arrangements will be announced by Douglas Mortuary of Welch.
• Wanda Morehead Fink, 82, of Louisville, Ky., formerly of Bland County, Va., died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2008. Arrangements by Highland Bland Funeral Chapel in Bland.
• Marion Gallemore, 70, of 134 First St., Bluefield, Va., died Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2008 at her home. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Dudley Memorial Mortuary in Bluefield, Va.
• Ray Hutchinson, 79, of Maxie, Va., died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008 at Buchanan General Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Shortridge-Ramey Funeral Home of Grundy, Va.
• Jon-Michael Joseph Muskera, 8-month-old infant son of Michael J. and Elizabeth T. Muskera of 823 North Walker St., Princeton, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008 at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Hettie Hice Wessell, 86, of Eads Mill Road, Princeton, died Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2008 at Princeton Health Care Facility. Arrangements are incomplete at Memorial Funeral Directory & Cremation Center on the Athens Road in Princeton.
Amber Marie Adkins
BLUEFIELD — Amber Marie Adkins, 29, of 166 Larchwood Road in Bluefield, died Saturday, February 16, 2008 at her residence.
Born July 17, 1978 in Fairfield, Calif., she was the daughter of Larry and Donna Adkins of Temple Terrace, Fla. She was a graduate of Hillsboro High School, a graduate of the Design School of Tampa Bay, Fla. and attended Hillsboro Community College.
She was preceded in death by her paternal grandmother, Ernestine Adkins.
She leaves behind a four-year-old daughter, Angelina Marie and a loving fiancé, Andrew Trujillo. She is also survived by two brothers, Adam Adkins and Aaron Adkins of Temple Terrace, Fla.; maternal grandmother, Betty Rickman of Northfork; paternal grandfather, Frank Adkins of Bluefield; loving aunts and uncles, Liz Rickman, Sherry Rickman and Curtis Rickman of Crumpler, Pam and David Brown of Princeton, and Brian Rickman of Creedmore, N.C.
- Obituary Archives
Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.
SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Leonard (Bob) R. Richard, Jr., 69, went to be with the Lord Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Rev. Aaron Thomas Godfrey
CHICAGO, Ill. — Rev. Aaron Thomas (Tommy) Godfrey, of Chicago, formerly of Bluefield, W.Va. made his transition on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in the Vistas Hospice Unit of Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
Earl French Hadden
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Earl French Hadden, of Wilmington, NC died April 17, 2014 at Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center.
Frances Loredith Yates
BIG ROCK, Va. — Frances Loredith Yates, Age 77, Big Rock, Virginia passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home, Grundy, Virginia.
Sonja Fay Kirk Davis
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Sonja Fay Kirk Davis, age 36, of North Tazewell, VA died Thursday, April 10, 2014 at her home.
Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters
BLUEFIELD — Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters, 87, of Bluefield, died Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kissito Healthcare of Bland County in Bastian, VA.
Janice Ann Ollis
BLUEFIELD — Janice Ann Ollis, 61, of Bluefield, formerly of Bramwell, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014 at the home of her daughter.
Helen JoAnn Lester
PANTHER — Helen JoAnn Lester, know to most as "Grandma", 76, of Panther, WV, passed away peacefully April 17, 2014 at her home.
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
Jerry Van Goforth
BRUSHFORK — Jerry Van Goforth 70 of Brushfork, WV passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.