• Allan Wayne Akers, 43, of 164 Shadow Wood Valley, Princeton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at his home. Arrangements incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Loya E. Compton, 93, of Shortt Gap, Va., died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service at Cedar Bluff, Va.
• Margaret Louise Selvey Cyphers, 91, of Pulaski, Va., formerly of Bluewell, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008 at Pulaski Community Hospital. Arrangements will be announced by the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• David Lee “Mudlick” Harding, 60, of P.O. Box 64, Baisden, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Williamson Memorial Hospital, Williamson. Mounts Funeral Home of Gilbert is in charge of arrangements.
• Teresa Addison Lawless, 34, of College Avenue, Bluefield, died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Gladys W. McComas, 92, of Peterstown, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Riverview Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
• Harold D. “Toby” Meadows, 85, a prominent resident of Willowton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Princeton Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale.
• Betty L. Willis, 78, of Medina, Ohio, formerly of Rich Creek, Va., died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis
LUTZ, Fla. — Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis, 96, formerly of War, passed away in Lutz, Fla., on January 15, 2008.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Joshua Benjamin Davis in 1972.
Mrs. Davis is survived by her five children, Robert Nancy, “Buck,” Ann, and Lee; as well as eight grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Davis and her husband owned Davis Furniture Company in War and were active members of the War United Methodist Church.
A graveside service will be conducted by Dr. Bala Rao on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 2 p.m., at Center Cemetery in Cumberland, Va.
Memorial gifts may be made to the War United Methodist Church, War, WV 24802.
- Obituary Archives
JoAnn Dunn Harless
JoAnn Dunn Harless, 51 of Rich Creek, VA passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014 at her home following an extended illness.
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins of Daniels, WV, died July 20, 2014.
David Lee Schrom
David Lee Schrom, 41, of Henderson, NV formerly of War passed away Sunday, July 13, 2014 in Henderson.
George Thomas Haynes
George Thomas Haynes 89 of Stewart St. Welch, WV passed away on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Margaret “Jean” Baker
Our most beautiful and beloved mother and grandmother woke up in the arms of Jesus, Tuesday, July 15th, 2014, healed and whole and reunited with her husband, James Edward Baker.
Johnny E. Welch
Johnny E. Welch, 72, of Leesburg, Florida, entered into eternal rest on Saturday, July 19, 2014.
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi, 81 of Callaway, MD formerly of Ashland, WV passed away on July 17, 2014 in Callaway, MD
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges, 84 of Orlando went Home to her Savior on July 19, 2014, surrounded by her loving family.
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester, age 79 of Tazewell, VA went to receive his reward and be with the Lord Monday, July 21, 2014. He was a patient at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Harvey Lee Henley
PRINCETON — Harvey Lee Henley, 68, of Princeton, went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- JoAnn Dunn Harless