• Allan Wayne Akers, 43, of 164 Shadow Wood Valley, Princeton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at his home. Arrangements incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Loya E. Compton, 93, of Shortt Gap, Va., died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service at Cedar Bluff, Va.
• Margaret Louise Selvey Cyphers, 91, of Pulaski, Va., formerly of Bluewell, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008 at Pulaski Community Hospital. Arrangements will be announced by the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• David Lee “Mudlick” Harding, 60, of P.O. Box 64, Baisden, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Williamson Memorial Hospital, Williamson. Mounts Funeral Home of Gilbert is in charge of arrangements.
• Teresa Addison Lawless, 34, of College Avenue, Bluefield, died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Gladys W. McComas, 92, of Peterstown, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Riverview Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
• Harold D. “Toby” Meadows, 85, a prominent resident of Willowton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Princeton Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale.
• Betty L. Willis, 78, of Medina, Ohio, formerly of Rich Creek, Va., died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis
LUTZ, Fla. — Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis, 96, formerly of War, passed away in Lutz, Fla., on January 15, 2008.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Joshua Benjamin Davis in 1972.
Mrs. Davis is survived by her five children, Robert Nancy, “Buck,” Ann, and Lee; as well as eight grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Davis and her husband owned Davis Furniture Company in War and were active members of the War United Methodist Church.
A graveside service will be conducted by Dr. Bala Rao on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 2 p.m., at Center Cemetery in Cumberland, Va.
Memorial gifts may be made to the War United Methodist Church, War, WV 24802.
- Obituary Archives
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- Levi James Harris
- Maria Evangelino Ezquivel De Guerrero
- Louis E. Luke, Sr.
- Lillian Lee Hatfield Greer
- Michael Ray Pensule
Yvonne Rose Craig
SALEM, Va. — Yvonne Rose Craig, 66, of Salem and formerly of Lafayette, VA, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
CEDAR BLUFF, Va. — Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene, age 92, of Cedar Bluff, Virginia departed from this life on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in a local Richlands hospital.
Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger
MAXIE, Va. — Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger, 80 years of age, of Maxie, VA, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Pikeville Medical Center, Pikeville, KY, following an extended illness.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines