• Allan Wayne Akers, 43, of 164 Shadow Wood Valley, Princeton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at his home. Arrangements incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Loya E. Compton, 93, of Shortt Gap, Va., died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service at Cedar Bluff, Va.
• Margaret Louise Selvey Cyphers, 91, of Pulaski, Va., formerly of Bluewell, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2008 at Pulaski Community Hospital. Arrangements will be announced by the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• David Lee “Mudlick” Harding, 60, of P.O. Box 64, Baisden, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Williamson Memorial Hospital, Williamson. Mounts Funeral Home of Gilbert is in charge of arrangements.
• Teresa Addison Lawless, 34, of College Avenue, Bluefield, died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Gladys W. McComas, 92, of Peterstown, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Riverview Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
• Harold D. “Toby” Meadows, 85, a prominent resident of Willowton, died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2008 at Princeton Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Fredeking Funeral Service in Oakvale.
• Betty L. Willis, 78, of Medina, Ohio, formerly of Rich Creek, Va., died Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis
LUTZ, Fla. — Rebecca Pocahontas Smith Davis, 96, formerly of War, passed away in Lutz, Fla., on January 15, 2008.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Joshua Benjamin Davis in 1972.
Mrs. Davis is survived by her five children, Robert Nancy, “Buck,” Ann, and Lee; as well as eight grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Davis and her husband owned Davis Furniture Company in War and were active members of the War United Methodist Church.
A graveside service will be conducted by Dr. Bala Rao on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 2 p.m., at Center Cemetery in Cumberland, Va.
Memorial gifts may be made to the War United Methodist Church, War, WV 24802.
- Obituary Archives
Dorothy Carter Rasnick
Dorothy Carter Rasnick, 91, of Princeton Health Care Center, formerly of Village Green, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at her residence.
Mattie M. Church Allen
Mattie M Church Allen age 78 of Burk Mountain went home to Heaven Monday July 28, 2014.
Mamie Lee Webb
Mamie Lee Webb , age 82, of Blacksburg, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Lewis Gale Hospital-Montgomery.
Clarence E. Smith
Clarence E. Smith, 88, of Peterstown formerly of Princeton died Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at his home.
Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose
Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose died at the age of 88 on Sunday afternoon, July 27, 2014, at her home in Princeton following an extended illness.
Earl Hayden “Red” Lilly Jr.
Earl Hayden “Red” Lilly, Jr., 75, of 300 Gott Road in Princeton died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Princeton Community Hospital.
Mary Puckett (Mary Jackson Bailey)
Mary Puckett (Mary Jackson Bailey) of Bluefield West Virginia passed away Monday, July 28, 2014, in Winston-Salem, NC after a brief illness.
Glen Kahle Belcher
BLUEFIELD — Glen Kahle Belcher, 82 of Bluefield, WV went home to be with the Lord Monday, July 28, 2014.
Betty Jo Gray
Betty Jo Gray, 76, of the Springfield Center in Lindside, formerly of Princeton Towers, died Monday, July 28, 2014, at her residence.
Juanita Bourne Coon
Juanita Bourne Coon, age 75 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Welmont Bristol Regional Medical Center in Bristol, TN.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Dorothy Carter Rasnick