• Charles William Brown, 85, of 104 West Concord St., Athens, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2008, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Willie (Junior) H. Cole Jr., 60, of Princeton Health Care Center, Princeton, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2008 at Princeton Health Care Center. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• Arnold Lee (Calger) Hale, 79, of Narrows, Va., died Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2008 at Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital in Pearisburg, Va. Riffe’s Funeral Service in Narrows is in charge of arrangements.
• Wilda Irene “Billie” Nicewonder Martin, 84, of Lawrenceburg, Ky., died Monday, Jan. 7, 2008 at her residence. Ritchie & Peach Funeral Home of Lawrenceburg is in charge of arrangements.
• Jamie Mildred Gross Okes, 87, of Knob Street, Princeton, died Monday, Jan. 7, 2008 at Princeton Community Hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Memorial Funeral Directory & Cremation Center on the Athens Road in Princeton.
Raymond E. (Ray) Blankenship
LANCASTER, S.C. — Raymond E. (Ray) Blankenship, age 71, of Lancaster, S.C. and formerly of Bluewell, went to be with the Lord on Monday, January 7, 2008 at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
Born on December 2, 1936 in Crumpler, he was a son of the late Cager and Thressie Robinson Blankenship. He had been a resident of Lancaster for 17 months and was a retired coal miner with 21 years of service at Consol Coal Co. He was a member of the UMWA.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by four half-brothers and two half-sisters.
Survivors include: Wife of 47 years: Shelby Craft Blankenship of the home; one son: Michael Ray Blankenship and wife Sherri of Bluewell; two daughters: Tamra Jean Roland and husband Tommy of Bluefield, Shelley Marie Hager and husband Larry of Lancaster, S.C.; two granddaughters: Melissa Blankenship of Bluewell and Kallie Marie Hager of Lancaster, S.C.; four sisters: Dell Fizer and husband George of Gaffney, S.C., Betty Angle and husband Jimmy of Princeton, Tessie Johnson of Princeton, Rosemary Shrewsbury of Lancaster, S.C.; one brother: Bill Blankenship and wife LuAnn of Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Obituary Archives
Glen Kahle Belcher
BLUEFIELD — Glen Kahle Belcher, 82 of Bluefield, WV went home to be with the Lord Monday, July 28, 2014.
Betty Jo Gray
Betty Jo Gray, 76, of the Springfield Center in Lindside, formerly of Princeton Towers, died Monday, July 28, 2014, at her residence.
Juanita Bourne Coon
Juanita Bourne Coon, age 75 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Welmont Bristol Regional Medical Center in Bristol, TN.
Charles Harold Wade
Charles Harold Wade, 86, of the Old Athens Road, Princeton died suddenly Sunday afternoon at Princeton Community Hospital.
Wanda Howery Davis
Wanda Howery Davis, age 55 of Tazewell, VA died Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, WV.
Evelyne Robinette “Bunny” Cox
Evelyne Robinette “Bunny” Cox, age 79 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders, age 67, of Rocky Gap, VA passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Glen Kahle Belcher