• William Douglas “Doug” Barger, 51, of 115 Douglas St., Princeton died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mr. Robert Benton “Bobby” Dillow, Sr., 65, of Rt. 2, Box 720 Hildred Ln., Bluefield, died Dec. 31, 2007 in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• William Bradford Patterson (Noonie), 39, of Charlotte, N.C., died Friday, Dec. 28, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home in Bluefield.
• James Marvin Rogers, 73, of P.O. Box 493 (McComas), Montcalm, died on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008 at his residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Marie Sanders, 95 of Lashmeet died Tuesday, January 1, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mrs. Bertha Beatrice (Bea) Talbert, 89, of Heritage Hall in Tazewell, Va., died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital following a long illness. Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va., is serving the Talbert family.
William H. Durking
ATHENS — William H. Durking 68, of 250 Lilly Pond Rd. in Athens, went to join his wife, Mary Jane, in heaven on Saturday, December 29, 2007, at Princeton Community Hospital.
Born in Indian Lake, N.Y., August 1, 1939, he was the son of the late Roland and Willena Durking. He was a retired carpenter. William enjoyed woodworking and refinishing antique furniture he and his late wife collected. He was an avid fan of the Dallas Cowboys. He was a U.S. Army veteran and a member of Princeton Moose Lodge No. 1521. He had been a resident of Athens since 2004 moving there from Edgewater, Md.
His first wife, Anne Durking; his second wife, Mary Jane Shorter Durking; one son, David M. Durking; two brothers, Earl Durking and Thomas Durking; one sister, Wilma LaDuke; and one son-in-law, Roy Molick, preceded him in death.
Survivors include five daughters, Rhonda Teubner of Irving, Texas, Jennifer Davis and her husband Chris of Athens, Anne Marie “Pete” Durking of Glen Burnie, Md., Janet Lynn Molick of Pasadena, Md., and Tammy Hedrick and her husband Larry of Belington; daughter-in-law, Cindy Hobin of Brooklyn Park, Md.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, two brothers, Morris Durking and his wife Jean of Indian Lake, N.Y., and Milford Durking and his wife Jackie of Glen Burnie, Md.; two sisters, Ana Mae Klein and her husband Larry, and Rose Seymour and her husband Bill, all of Indian Lake, N.Y.; and brother-in-law, Carl LaDuke of Gansevoort, N.Y.
- Obituary Archives
Marjorie Price Gibson
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Marjorie Price Gibson, age 94 of North Tazewell, VA died Friday, July 25, 2014 at Heritage Hall Health Care in Tazewell, VA.
KIMBALL — James Gianato, age 87, of Kimball, WV, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a short Illness.
BURKES GARDEN, Va. — Donnette Hall age 73 of Burkes Garden, VA, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital in Tazewell, VA.
Kirby Winfred Cole
WHITEWOOD, Va. — Kirby Winfred Cole, age 80 of Whitewood, Virginia passed away on Saturday, July 26, 2014 in a local Richlands Hospital following a lengthy illness.
PRINCETON — Hazel Stovall, 85, of Princeton died Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at her home.
James “Jake” Jackson Jr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Beloved husband, father, brother, and grandfather, James “Jake” Jackson, Jr. age 65 of the Mudfork community in Bluefield, VA went to be with the Lord on Friday, July 25, 2014.
Norman Richard "Rick" Anderson
ECKMAN — Norman Richard "Rick" Anderson age 57 of Eckman, WV, formerly of #9 Filbert, WV, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at Princeton Community Hospital after a short illness.
Ms. Hazel Thompson Church
PURLEAR, N.C. — Ms. Hazel Thompson Church, age 79, of Purlear, died Thursday, July 24, 2014 at her home.
Die-Alma “Patty” Duty
AMONATE, Va. — Die-Alma “Patty” Duty, age 55 of Amonate, Virginia, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center following a long illness.
Jerry Elwood Hayes
FREDONIA, N.Y. — Jerry Elwood Hayes, 78, of Webster Road, Fredonia, NY and formerly of Coaldale, passed away on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 in New York.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Marjorie Price Gibson