• William Douglas “Doug” Barger, 51, of 115 Douglas St., Princeton died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mr. Robert Benton “Bobby” Dillow, Sr., 65, of Rt. 2, Box 720 Hildred Ln., Bluefield, died Dec. 31, 2007 in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• William Bradford Patterson (Noonie), 39, of Charlotte, N.C., died Friday, Dec. 28, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home in Bluefield.
• James Marvin Rogers, 73, of P.O. Box 493 (McComas), Montcalm, died on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008 at his residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Marie Sanders, 95 of Lashmeet died Tuesday, January 1, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mrs. Bertha Beatrice (Bea) Talbert, 89, of Heritage Hall in Tazewell, Va., died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital following a long illness. Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va., is serving the Talbert family.
William H. Durking
ATHENS — William H. Durking 68, of 250 Lilly Pond Rd. in Athens, went to join his wife, Mary Jane, in heaven on Saturday, December 29, 2007, at Princeton Community Hospital.
Born in Indian Lake, N.Y., August 1, 1939, he was the son of the late Roland and Willena Durking. He was a retired carpenter. William enjoyed woodworking and refinishing antique furniture he and his late wife collected. He was an avid fan of the Dallas Cowboys. He was a U.S. Army veteran and a member of Princeton Moose Lodge No. 1521. He had been a resident of Athens since 2004 moving there from Edgewater, Md.
His first wife, Anne Durking; his second wife, Mary Jane Shorter Durking; one son, David M. Durking; two brothers, Earl Durking and Thomas Durking; one sister, Wilma LaDuke; and one son-in-law, Roy Molick, preceded him in death.
Survivors include five daughters, Rhonda Teubner of Irving, Texas, Jennifer Davis and her husband Chris of Athens, Anne Marie “Pete” Durking of Glen Burnie, Md., Janet Lynn Molick of Pasadena, Md., and Tammy Hedrick and her husband Larry of Belington; daughter-in-law, Cindy Hobin of Brooklyn Park, Md.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, two brothers, Morris Durking and his wife Jean of Indian Lake, N.Y., and Milford Durking and his wife Jackie of Glen Burnie, Md.; two sisters, Ana Mae Klein and her husband Larry, and Rose Seymour and her husband Bill, all of Indian Lake, N.Y.; and brother-in-law, Carl LaDuke of Gansevoort, N.Y.
- Obituary Archives
JoAnn Dunn Harless
JoAnn Dunn Harless, 51 of Rich Creek, VA passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014 at her home following an extended illness.
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins of Daniels, WV, died July 20, 2014.
David Lee Schrom
David Lee Schrom, 41, of Henderson, NV formerly of War passed away Sunday, July 13, 2014 in Henderson.
George Thomas Haynes
George Thomas Haynes 89 of Stewart St. Welch, WV passed away on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Margaret “Jean” Baker
Our most beautiful and beloved mother and grandmother woke up in the arms of Jesus, Tuesday, July 15th, 2014, healed and whole and reunited with her husband, James Edward Baker.
Johnny E. Welch
Johnny E. Welch, 72, of Leesburg, Florida, entered into eternal rest on Saturday, July 19, 2014.
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi, 81 of Callaway, MD formerly of Ashland, WV passed away on July 17, 2014 in Callaway, MD
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges, 84 of Orlando went Home to her Savior on July 19, 2014, surrounded by her loving family.
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester, age 79 of Tazewell, VA went to receive his reward and be with the Lord Monday, July 21, 2014. He was a patient at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Harvey Lee Henley
PRINCETON — Harvey Lee Henley, 68, of Princeton, went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- JoAnn Dunn Harless