• William Douglas “Doug” Barger, 51, of 115 Douglas St., Princeton died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mr. Robert Benton “Bobby” Dillow, Sr., 65, of Rt. 2, Box 720 Hildred Ln., Bluefield, died Dec. 31, 2007 in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• William Bradford Patterson (Noonie), 39, of Charlotte, N.C., died Friday, Dec. 28, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home in Bluefield.
• James Marvin Rogers, 73, of P.O. Box 493 (McComas), Montcalm, died on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008 at his residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Marie Sanders, 95 of Lashmeet died Tuesday, January 1, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mrs. Bertha Beatrice (Bea) Talbert, 89, of Heritage Hall in Tazewell, Va., died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital following a long illness. Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va., is serving the Talbert family.
William H. Durking
ATHENS — William H. Durking 68, of 250 Lilly Pond Rd. in Athens, went to join his wife, Mary Jane, in heaven on Saturday, December 29, 2007, at Princeton Community Hospital.
Born in Indian Lake, N.Y., August 1, 1939, he was the son of the late Roland and Willena Durking. He was a retired carpenter. William enjoyed woodworking and refinishing antique furniture he and his late wife collected. He was an avid fan of the Dallas Cowboys. He was a U.S. Army veteran and a member of Princeton Moose Lodge No. 1521. He had been a resident of Athens since 2004 moving there from Edgewater, Md.
His first wife, Anne Durking; his second wife, Mary Jane Shorter Durking; one son, David M. Durking; two brothers, Earl Durking and Thomas Durking; one sister, Wilma LaDuke; and one son-in-law, Roy Molick, preceded him in death.
Survivors include five daughters, Rhonda Teubner of Irving, Texas, Jennifer Davis and her husband Chris of Athens, Anne Marie “Pete” Durking of Glen Burnie, Md., Janet Lynn Molick of Pasadena, Md., and Tammy Hedrick and her husband Larry of Belington; daughter-in-law, Cindy Hobin of Brooklyn Park, Md.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, two brothers, Morris Durking and his wife Jean of Indian Lake, N.Y., and Milford Durking and his wife Jackie of Glen Burnie, Md.; two sisters, Ana Mae Klein and her husband Larry, and Rose Seymour and her husband Bill, all of Indian Lake, N.Y.; and brother-in-law, Carl LaDuke of Gansevoort, N.Y.
- Obituary Archives
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- Levi James Harris
- Maria Evangelino Ezquivel De Guerrero
- Louis E. Luke, Sr.
- Lillian Lee Hatfield Greer
- Michael Ray Pensule
Yvonne Rose Craig
SALEM, Va. — Yvonne Rose Craig, 66, of Salem and formerly of Lafayette, VA, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
CEDAR BLUFF, Va. — Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene, age 92, of Cedar Bluff, Virginia departed from this life on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in a local Richlands hospital.
Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger
MAXIE, Va. — Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger, 80 years of age, of Maxie, VA, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Pikeville Medical Center, Pikeville, KY, following an extended illness.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines