• William Douglas “Doug” Barger, 51, of 115 Douglas St., Princeton died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007, at his residence. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Seaver Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mr. Robert Benton “Bobby” Dillow, Sr., 65, of Rt. 2, Box 720 Hildred Ln., Bluefield, died Dec. 31, 2007 in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• William Bradford Patterson (Noonie), 39, of Charlotte, N.C., died Friday, Dec. 28, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home in Bluefield.
• James Marvin Rogers, 73, of P.O. Box 493 (McComas), Montcalm, died on Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008 at his residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Marie Sanders, 95 of Lashmeet died Tuesday, January 1, 2008. Arrangements are incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Mrs. Bertha Beatrice (Bea) Talbert, 89, of Heritage Hall in Tazewell, Va., died Monday, Dec. 31, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital following a long illness. Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va., is serving the Talbert family.
William H. Durking
ATHENS — William H. Durking 68, of 250 Lilly Pond Rd. in Athens, went to join his wife, Mary Jane, in heaven on Saturday, December 29, 2007, at Princeton Community Hospital.
Born in Indian Lake, N.Y., August 1, 1939, he was the son of the late Roland and Willena Durking. He was a retired carpenter. William enjoyed woodworking and refinishing antique furniture he and his late wife collected. He was an avid fan of the Dallas Cowboys. He was a U.S. Army veteran and a member of Princeton Moose Lodge No. 1521. He had been a resident of Athens since 2004 moving there from Edgewater, Md.
His first wife, Anne Durking; his second wife, Mary Jane Shorter Durking; one son, David M. Durking; two brothers, Earl Durking and Thomas Durking; one sister, Wilma LaDuke; and one son-in-law, Roy Molick, preceded him in death.
Survivors include five daughters, Rhonda Teubner of Irving, Texas, Jennifer Davis and her husband Chris of Athens, Anne Marie “Pete” Durking of Glen Burnie, Md., Janet Lynn Molick of Pasadena, Md., and Tammy Hedrick and her husband Larry of Belington; daughter-in-law, Cindy Hobin of Brooklyn Park, Md.; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, two brothers, Morris Durking and his wife Jean of Indian Lake, N.Y., and Milford Durking and his wife Jackie of Glen Burnie, Md.; two sisters, Ana Mae Klein and her husband Larry, and Rose Seymour and her husband Bill, all of Indian Lake, N.Y.; and brother-in-law, Carl LaDuke of Gansevoort, N.Y.
- Obituary Archives
Smith Thomas Carr
MONROE, N.C. — Smith Thomas Carr, age 37, of Monroe, NC, formerly of Rocky Gap, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 following a tree accident on his job.
Iris O'Quinn McClanahan
ABINGDON, Va. — Iris O'Quinn McClanahan, age 81, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Grace Health Care.
Norma J. Meadows
POUNDING MILL, Va. — Norma J. Meadows, age 84, of Pounding Mill, Virginia entered into eternal rest in Abingdon, Virginia on Thursday, April 17, 2014 after an extended illness.
James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten
BLUEFIELD, Va. — James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten, age 24, of Bluefield, VA, passed away, April 14, 2014.
Harry Edward Kight
DEEP CREEK LAKE, Md. — Harry Edward Kight, age 89, of Deep Creek Lake, MD and Severna Park, MD, passed away on April 15, 2014 in Severna Park.
Kenneth Dean Jackson Sr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Kenneth Dean Jackson, Sr., Bluefield, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
John Henry French
BLAND, Va. — John Henry French, 66, of Bland, VA went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
Ruth Wyatt Sluss
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Ruth Wyatt Sluss, 80, of Bluefield, Virginia passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, West Virginia.
Natalie Kirby Viars
PRINCETON — Natalie Kirby Viars, age 86, passed away on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Serenity Place, located on Browns Ridge Road, Lerona.
Dennis Ray Lawrence
Dennis Ray Lawrence, 62, of Lewisburg, WV, formerly of Weyanoke, died Monday, April 14, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, VA.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Smith Thomas Carr