• Larry Dalton, 62, of Gary, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at McDowell Nursing and Rehab Center in Gary after a long illness. Arrangements will be announced by Widener Funeral Home of Kimball.
• Miss Anna Belle (Ann) Fuller, 90, of Lebanon, Va., died Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2007 at Hummingbird Retirement Villa. Arrangements are incomplete at Combs Funeral Service in Lebanon.
• Ethel Sue Whitehead Peoples, of Route 5, Box 640 (Ridgemont Road), Bluefield, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Charles Samuel Sanders, 75, of Kow Camp Road at Pembroke, Va., died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at his home. Kendall Funeral Home in Pembroke is in charge of arrangements.
• Bertha Saunders, 95, of Route 3, Box 419, Bluefield, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at GlenWood Park Retirement Village in Princeton. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
Catherine Alma Alexander
PEARISBURG, Va. — Catherine Alma (Carter) Alexander, 77, of Hillcrest Drive in Pearisburg, departed this life to be with the Lord on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 in the comfort of her own home. She was born to the late Russell Carter Sr. and Mamie Goodwyn Carter in Franklin.
She attended school at the Christiansburg Institute in Christiansburg, Va. and later graduated from cosmetology school in Newark, N.J.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Robert L. Alexander; and one brother, Bernard Carter.
Left to cherish her memories are two sons: Vince (Beth) Alexander of Atlanta, Ga., Rev. Gary (Dar) Alexander of Wirtz, Va.; three daughters: Cynthia Thompson of Winston-Salem, N.C., Patricia Alexander of Greensboro, N.C., Beverly Alexander of Columbus, Ohio; one sister: Thelma Harris of Columbus, Ohio; one brother: Russell (Carmen) Carter Jr. of San Antonio, Texas; a special aunt: Alethea Wells of Drakes Branch, Va.; three sisters-in-law: Lorretta Hill and Charlotte Carter both of Washington, D.C., Bettye Campbell of Wytheville, Va.; a brother-in-law: Rodney (Mickey) Alexander of Hyattsville, Md.; 10 grandchildren, one great-grandchild, a host of nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.
- Obituary Archives
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- Levi James Harris
- Maria Evangelino Ezquivel De Guerrero
- Louis E. Luke, Sr.
- Lillian Lee Hatfield Greer
- Michael Ray Pensule
Yvonne Rose Craig
SALEM, Va. — Yvonne Rose Craig, 66, of Salem and formerly of Lafayette, VA, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
CEDAR BLUFF, Va. — Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene, age 92, of Cedar Bluff, Virginia departed from this life on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in a local Richlands hospital.
Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger
MAXIE, Va. — Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger, 80 years of age, of Maxie, VA, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Pikeville Medical Center, Pikeville, KY, following an extended illness.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines