• Larry Dalton, 62, of Gary, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at McDowell Nursing and Rehab Center in Gary after a long illness. Arrangements will be announced by Widener Funeral Home of Kimball.
• Miss Anna Belle (Ann) Fuller, 90, of Lebanon, Va., died Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2007 at Hummingbird Retirement Villa. Arrangements are incomplete at Combs Funeral Service in Lebanon.
• Ethel Sue Whitehead Peoples, of Route 5, Box 640 (Ridgemont Road), Bluefield, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Charles Samuel Sanders, 75, of Kow Camp Road at Pembroke, Va., died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at his home. Kendall Funeral Home in Pembroke is in charge of arrangements.
• Bertha Saunders, 95, of Route 3, Box 419, Bluefield, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007 at GlenWood Park Retirement Village in Princeton. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
Catherine Alma Alexander
PEARISBURG, Va. — Catherine Alma (Carter) Alexander, 77, of Hillcrest Drive in Pearisburg, departed this life to be with the Lord on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 in the comfort of her own home. She was born to the late Russell Carter Sr. and Mamie Goodwyn Carter in Franklin.
She attended school at the Christiansburg Institute in Christiansburg, Va. and later graduated from cosmetology school in Newark, N.J.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Robert L. Alexander; and one brother, Bernard Carter.
Left to cherish her memories are two sons: Vince (Beth) Alexander of Atlanta, Ga., Rev. Gary (Dar) Alexander of Wirtz, Va.; three daughters: Cynthia Thompson of Winston-Salem, N.C., Patricia Alexander of Greensboro, N.C., Beverly Alexander of Columbus, Ohio; one sister: Thelma Harris of Columbus, Ohio; one brother: Russell (Carmen) Carter Jr. of San Antonio, Texas; a special aunt: Alethea Wells of Drakes Branch, Va.; three sisters-in-law: Lorretta Hill and Charlotte Carter both of Washington, D.C., Bettye Campbell of Wytheville, Va.; a brother-in-law: Rodney (Mickey) Alexander of Hyattsville, Md.; 10 grandchildren, one great-grandchild, a host of nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.
- Obituary Archives
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders, age 67, of Rocky Gap, VA passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
Earl McDonald Stillwell
BLUEFIELD — Earl McDonald Stillwell, 85 of Penmar Ave., Bluefield, West Virginia went to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Aubrey Bazel Lawson
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Aubrey Bazel Lawson, 96 of Bluefield, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
John L. Belcher
FRANKLIN, Va. — John Lundy Belcher, 78, passed away July 27, 2014 at his home.
KIMBALL — James Gianato, age 87, of Kimball, WV, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a short Illness.
Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin
LERONA — On July 25, 2014, Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin, 84, was called home to be with Jesus and reunite with her precious Ronald.
Douglas W. Jenkins
PRINCETON — Douglas W. Jenkins, 90, of Princeton formerly of Lashmeet died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at Princeton Health Care Center.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders