• Ernestine Dillard, 70, of Bluefield, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital. Arrangements by Durgan Funeral Home, Beckley.
• Sarah Marie Duncan Farmer, 45, of Forest City, N.C., formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 at her residence. McKinney-Landreth Funeral Home of Cliffside, N.C. is in charge of arrangements.
• George “Bill” Miller Hagy, 76, of Richlands, Va., died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 in a Richlands hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service at Cedar Bluff, Va.
• Clyde Hughes Sr., 70, of Peterstown, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 at his home. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home in Peterstown.
• Robert Noble Jones, 78, of GlenWood Retirement Center, died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 at Princeton Community Hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Dudley Memorial Mortuary in Bluefield, Va.
• Onnie Mitchell, 94, of Gilbert, died Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2007 at Riverview Hospital in Carthage, Tenn. Mounts Funeral Home of Gilbert is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. George Perry Richardson, of Pine Creek section of Swords Creek, Va., died Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 at his home. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Honaker Funeral Home, Honaker, Va.
• Vivian H. Waldron, 97, of Fayetteville, N.C., formerly of Monroe County, died Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2007 at her home. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home of Peterstown.
Gerald “Tommy” Ball
RAVEN, Va. — Gerald “Tommy” Ball, 65, of Raven, Va., went to be with the Lord on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2007 following a brief illness. Born April 30, 1942 in Richlands, Va., he was the son of the late Lawrence E. and Ethel M. Cordill Ball.
Tommy was a special person to all his family and friends. He attended Road Ridge Assembly of God Church and the Chapel of Love Church.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother, Gene Ball.
He is survived by his brother, Bobby D. Ball and his wife Nell of Raven; several nieces, nephews, friends and loved ones also survive.
- Obituary Archives
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.
SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Leonard (Bob) R. Richard, Jr., 69, went to be with the Lord Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Rev. Aaron Thomas Godfrey
CHICAGO, Ill. — Rev. Aaron Thomas (Tommy) Godfrey, of Chicago, formerly of Bluefield, W.Va. made his transition on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in the Vistas Hospice Unit of Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
Earl French Hadden
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Earl French Hadden, of Wilmington, NC died April 17, 2014 at Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center.
Frances Loredith Yates
BIG ROCK, Va. — Frances Loredith Yates, Age 77, Big Rock, Virginia passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home, Grundy, Virginia.
Sonja Fay Kirk Davis
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Sonja Fay Kirk Davis, age 36, of North Tazewell, VA died Thursday, April 10, 2014 at her home.
Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters
BLUEFIELD — Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters, 87, of Bluefield, died Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kissito Healthcare of Bland County in Bastian, VA.
Janice Ann Ollis
BLUEFIELD — Janice Ann Ollis, 61, of Bluefield, formerly of Bramwell, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014 at the home of her daughter.
Helen JoAnn Lester
PANTHER — Helen JoAnn Lester, know to most as "Grandma", 76, of Panther, WV, passed away peacefully April 17, 2014 at her home.
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene