• Adrian Eugene Andes Jr., RPH, 69, of Anderson, S.C., formerly of Tazewell, Va., died Monday, Aug. 13, 2007 at AnMed Health Medical Center in Anderson. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced by Sullivan-King Mortuary in Anderson.
• Paulette E. Byard, 48, of Bluefield, died Monday, Aug. 13, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center, after a long illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at McConnell Funeral Home in Bluefield.
• Barbara L. Hall, 47, of Dawson School Road, Bluefield, died Monday, Aug. 13, 2007 at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Margie Lee Harsanyi, 79, of Route 4, Box 370-B, Bluefield, died Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007 in a Chattanooga, Tenn. hospital. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• Robert Wayne Sexton, 44, of 2038 1/2 Virginia Ave., Bluefield, Va., died Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Va. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Dudley Memorial Mortuary in Bluefield, Va.
Melvin H. Asbury
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Melvin H. Asbury, 80, of Falls Mills Road, Bluefield, Va., died Monday, Aug. 13, 2007 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
He was born in Tazewell County, Va., and was a son of the late James Roby Asbury and Fannie Edna Asbury. He was retired from Pounding Mill Quarry after many years of service.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Janie Marie Lowe Asbury; sons, James Lee Asbury, Mark Steven Asbury, Donald Wayne Asbury; and a brother, John Crockett Asbury.
Survivors include: Sons, William (Bill) Asbury of Bluefield, Va., Thomas (Tommy) Asbury and wife Sandra of Bluefield, Va., Joey Asbury of Bluefield, Va., Michael (Mike) Asbury of Bluefield, Va., Archie Kenny Asbury of Tazewell, Va., Samuel (Sammy) Asbury and wife Jean of Elizabethon, Tenn., Robert (Bobby) Asbury and wife Mary of Orange Park, Fla.; daughter, Fannie Marie Otey and husband Keith of Bluefield; 24 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren.
- Obituary Archives
Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.
SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Leonard (Bob) R. Richard, Jr., 69, went to be with the Lord Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Rev. Aaron Thomas Godfrey
CHICAGO, Ill. — Rev. Aaron Thomas (Tommy) Godfrey, of Chicago, formerly of Bluefield, W.Va. made his transition on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in the Vistas Hospice Unit of Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
Earl French Hadden
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Earl French Hadden, of Wilmington, NC died April 17, 2014 at Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center.
Frances Loredith Yates
BIG ROCK, Va. — Frances Loredith Yates, Age 77, Big Rock, Virginia passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home, Grundy, Virginia.
Sonja Fay Kirk Davis
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Sonja Fay Kirk Davis, age 36, of North Tazewell, VA died Thursday, April 10, 2014 at her home.
Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters
BLUEFIELD — Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters, 87, of Bluefield, died Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kissito Healthcare of Bland County in Bastian, VA.
Janice Ann Ollis
BLUEFIELD — Janice Ann Ollis, 61, of Bluefield, formerly of Bramwell, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014 at the home of her daughter.
Helen JoAnn Lester
PANTHER — Helen JoAnn Lester, know to most as "Grandma", 76, of Panther, WV, passed away peacefully April 17, 2014 at her home.
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
Jerry Van Goforth
BRUSHFORK — Jerry Van Goforth 70 of Brushfork, WV passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.