• Catherine L. Foust, 47, of Hurricane, formerly of Bluefield, died Saturday, July 21, 2007 at Hubbard Hospice House in Charleston. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• George Washington Keatley, 71, of Brushcreek Falls Road, Speedway, died Saturday, July 21, 2007 at Princeton Community Hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Memorial Funeral Directory & Cremation Center on the Athens Road in Princeton.
• Carolyn Watkins Taylor, of P.O. Box 272, Pocahontas, Va., died Friday, July 20, 2007 at Tazewell Community Hospital. Arrangements will be announced by Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
James Owen Catron
PRINCETON — Mr. James Owen "Jim" Catron, 78, of 42 Hillcrest Drive, Princeton, finished his race on July 20, 2007 at his home surrounded by his family.
Born September 16, 1928 at Glen Lyn, Va., he was the son of the late Frazier Catron and Dollie Wade Catron Brown. Jim spent most of his life working in construction and in the later years he worked in farming. He was a founding member and Deacon of the Cornerstone Family Church in Princeton. He served his country in the U.S. Army during the Korean War in which he received the Purple Heart. James along with his wife Mildred were recognized by Governor Arch Moore as West Virginia Foster Parents of the Year for their work as Foster Parents.
Survivors: Wife of 53 years, Mildred Gilbert Catron of Princeton; children, Dottie Spartz and husband Robert of Lawrence, Mass., Gilbert Catron and wife Kim of Athens, Rev. Scott Catron and wife Suzie with whom he made his home, Robbie Catron and wife Kim of Athens; special friends who were like a son and a daughter, Jackie and Joyce Barker of Princeton; 10 grandchildren 10 great grandchildren; sisters, Ann Edwards and husband Jerry of DeKalb, Ill., Joyce Harmon and husband Henry of Norfolk, Va.; brother, John Catron of Dublin, Va.
A service to celebrate the life of Jim Catron will be held Sunday (today), July 22, 2007 at 8:00 p.m. from the Cornerstone Family Church on Brick Street in Princeton with the Reverend Scott Catron officiating. Friends may call Sunday (today) from 6 to 8 p.m. at the church. Graveside services and burial with full military honors will be held Monday, July 23, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. from the Roselawn Memorial Gardens on the Courthouse Road in Princeton. Those wishing to attend the graveside services are asked to meet at the Memorial Funeral Directory on the Athens Road in Princeton by 10:30 a.m. Friends and family may leave online condolences at www.memorialfd.com.
- Obituary Archives
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- Levi James Harris
- Maria Evangelino Ezquivel De Guerrero
- Louis E. Luke, Sr.
- Lillian Lee Hatfield Greer
- Michael Ray Pensule
Yvonne Rose Craig
SALEM, Va. — Yvonne Rose Craig, 66, of Salem and formerly of Lafayette, VA, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
CEDAR BLUFF, Va. — Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene, age 92, of Cedar Bluff, Virginia departed from this life on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in a local Richlands hospital.
Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger
MAXIE, Va. — Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger, 80 years of age, of Maxie, VA, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Pikeville Medical Center, Pikeville, KY, following an extended illness.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines