• Dollress “Ruby” Carroll, 73, of Upland, died Saturday, June 9, 2007, at her residence. Arrangements will be announced by Widener Funeral Home in Northfork.
• Sister Nola Gray, 77, of Gary, died Saturday, June 9, 2007, at St. Mary’s Hospital in Huntington. Arrangements are incomplete at Gregory-Page Funeral Home in Welch.
• Mrs. Elizabeth Gay Wygal Hancock, 80, of 1000 Heatherwood Rd., Bluefield, died Saturday, June 9, 2007, in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory of Bluefield.
• Arnold Dean (Dinkle) Howerton, 40, of Lake Bottom, died Friday, June 8, 2007. Arrangements are incomplete at Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Earnest Dubois McClinick, of Bluefield, died Saturday, June 9, 2007, in a Bluefield hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Richardson Funeral Home of Bluefield.
Tressie “Mae” Haga
PAGETON — Tressie “Mae” Haga, 86, of Pageton (No. 4 Crozier Hollow, Elkhorn Mountain), went to be with the Lord Friday night (June 8, 2007) at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a long illness.
Born June 2, 1921 in Cherry Flat, Va., she was the daughter of the late Wiley Finley and Elizabeth Farmer Finley. She was affiliated with the Holiness faith, was a homemaker, was a loving mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, and was a resident of the Pageton/Elkhorn Mountain area most of her life.
Other than her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, David Webb Haga, on Jan. 14, 2001; an infant daughter, Louise Haga; one granddaughter, Kim Nance, on Nov. 16, 2004; several brothers and sisters.
She is survived by three daughters, Margaret “Sis” Lester and husband Hassel of Anawalt, Linda Nance and husband Walter of Anawalt, Tammy Roark and husband Calvin of Anawalt; five grandchildren, David Lester and wife Norma of Mt. Holly, N.C., Tonya Riddle and husband Jason of Anawalt, Kevin Roark of Anawalt, Leslie Jarrells of Princeton, and Lesa Nance of Princeton; nine great grandchildren, Brittney and Stephen Meredith of Anawalt, Dantry and Nevaeh Riddle of Anawalt, Tara Nance of Greenville, N.C., David and B.J. Lester of Mt. Holly, Robbie and Sarah Jarrells of Princeton; one brother, James Finley and wife April of Switchback; several nieces and nephews.
- Obituary Archives
William C. “Bill” Thomas
PRINCETON — William C. “Bill” Thomas, 88, of Garden Oaks, Princeton, died peacefully in his sleep early Wednesday morning, July 30, 2014 at his residence.
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. — Lucille Raines, 80 years of age of Johnson City, TN, formerly of Grundy, VA, went home to be with the Lord, Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN, following a brief illness.
Early Clarence (E.C.) Pauley
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Early Clarence (E.C.) Pauley of Bluefield, VA, passed away Thursday, July 31, 2014. He was born on October 4, 1936, in Tip Top, VA.
LAKE SHAWNEE — Ann Lusk, 77, of Lake Shawnee died Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at her home.
Goldie Christine “Chris” Haynes Gearhart
LERONA — Goldie Christine “Chris” Haynes Gearhart, 64, of Lerona, died peacefully early Wednesday morning, July 30, 2014 at Lewis Gale Hospital in Salem VA.
Norman Wayne Skipworth
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Norman Wayne Skipworth 65 of Stockton St., Bluefield, VA passed away on Sunday, July 27, 2014 at Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, VA.
Dorothy Ann Gillenwater “Dot” Surface
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Ann Gillenwater “Dot” Surface, age 82, of Surface Hill Road, Bluefield, WV, died on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at her home.
Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose
PRINCETON — Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose died at the age of 88 on Sunday afternoon, July 27, 2014, at her home in Princeton following an extended illness.
Joseph C. “Rooster” Holbrook
CUCUMBER — Joseph C. “Rooster” Holbrook, age 90 of Cucumber, WV went to be with the Lord at 12:05 PM on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at his home, after a sudden illness.
Dorothy Carter Rasnick
Dorothy Carter Rasnick, 91, of Princeton Health Care Center, formerly of Village Green, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at her residence.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- William C. “Bill” Thomas