• Georgia Marie Blevins, 92, of Ball Street, Beckley, died Wednesday, March 21, 2007 in a Beckley hospital following a short illness. Arrangements by Melton Mortuary, Inc., Beckley.
• Robert W. Duvall, 83, of 2319 Wythe Ave., Bluefield, died Wednesday, March 21, 2007 in a Bluefield hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home & Crematory, Bluefield.
• Alice Irene Lambert, 64, of Bishop, Va., died Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at her home. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home of Tazewell, Va.
• Rudolph Reed, 84, of Bluefield, died Saturday, March 17, 2007 at his home.
• Robert W. Thompson, 85, of Rich Creek, Va., died Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at Riverview Nursing Home in Rich Creek. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
Iva L. Carroll
OAKVALE — Iva L. Carroll, 82, of Pigeon Creek Road in Oakvale, died Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at Princeton Community Hospital.
Born July 17, 1924 in Mercer County, she was the daughter of the late Ernest and Ocie Reen Belcher. She was a homemaker and of the Baptist faith. She had been a lifelong resident of the Oakvale area.
In addition to her parents, her husband, Maynard J. Carroll; one son, Jimmy Carroll; and three brothers preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Randy Carroll and wife Connie Of Oakvale and Donald Carroll of the home on Pigeon Creek Road; three grandchildren, Vickie Rogers and husband Rick of Princeton, Ernie Carroll and wife Holly and Becki Whitlow and husband Gene all of Oakvale; six great grandchildren, Chelsea Robinson, Trevor Rogers, Michael Whitlow, Kota Whitlow, Zach Meadows, and McKenzie Carroll; three sisters; and two brothers.
Funeral services will be conducted at 2:00 p.m., Friday, March 23, 2007 at the Oakvale Church of the Brethren on Pigeon Creek Road in Oakvale with the Rev. Dewey Broyles officiating. Burial will follow at the Oakvale Cemetery. Family and friends will serve as pallbearers.
Friends may call at the Oakvale Church of the Brethren in Oakvale from 12:00 noon until the service hour on Friday.
- Obituary Archives
Heather Nichole Morrison
Heather Nichole Morrison 25 of King, NC passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014 at Wakeforest University Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC.
Richard (Dick) Lee Brown
Richard (Dick) Lee Brown was born in Meadville, Pennsylvania, to Frank and Betty on January 15, 1947. Dick departed this life at the age of 66 on Monday, April 21, 2014, to join Jesus Christ his Savior.
Kevin Lee Miller
Kevin Lee Miller 52 of Flat Top went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
Irene “Renee” Ruth Bunn McClung
Irene “Renee” Ruth Bunn McClung, 80, entered into eternal rest on Tuesday April 22, 2014, at Summers Nursing and Rehab Center at Hinton, WV.
Sarah Frances Melvin Pritt
Sarah Frances Melvin Pritt, “Pat” “Nanny” “Grandma”, 72, of Princeton, formerly of the Springville and Tip Top communities, went to be with The Lord on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
James Frederick Cole
James Frederick Cole 71 of Woods Ream Drive Raleigh, NC and formerly of Bluefield died Monday April 21, 2014 in a Raleigh, NC hospital.
Paula Marie “Polly” Richardson Burkhart
Paula Marie “Polly” Richardson Burkhart 55 of 179 Charnell Way Bluefield, WV died Tuesday April 22, 2014 at her home.
Robert L. Bennett
Robert L. Bennett 86 of 1401 Augusta Street Bluefield, WV died Monday April 21, 2014 at a Bluefield hospital.
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Heather Nichole Morrison