• Carol Dian Bailey, 60, of Newport, Va., died Sunday, Sept. 24, 2006. Kendall Funeral Home of Pembroke, Va. is in charge of arrangements.
• Charles (Skip) Hansen, of York, S.C., formerly of Bluefield, died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006 in a Rock Hill, S.C. hospital. Arrangements are incomplete in York. Submitted by Richardson Funeral Home of Bluefield.
• Jean Endicott Hardin, 58, of the Lower Mill Branch section of Slate Creek, Grundy, Va., died Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2006 following an extended illness. Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy is in charge of arrangements.
• Noah W. Horn, 77, of Vansant, Va., died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006 in MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Buchanan Funeral Service at Keen Mountain, Va.
• Joseph Michael Schuler, 85, of Thorpe, died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006 at McDowell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Gary. Fanning Funeral Home of Welch is in charge of arrangements.
• Drema Lee Worrell, 73, of Peterstown, died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006 at The Hospice Care Center, Port Orange, Fla. Arrangements are incomplete at Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home, Peterstown.
KIMBALL— Bill Belcher, 83, of Kimball (Carswell Addition), died Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006 at Welch Community Hospital after a short illness.
Born Dec. 21, 1922 in Mullens, he was the son of the late Arthur “Ott” and Almedia Allen Belcher. He was affiliated with the Protestant faith, was a former coal miner for Eastern Gas and Fuel at Carswell. He was a former automobile mechanic having worked last at the Kimball Amoco Station, and was a resident of Carswell most of his life.
Other than his parents, he was preceded in death by one brother, Rudolph Belcher and a sister-in-law, Ethel Green Belcher; one sister, Margaret Bowman and a brother-in-law, Raymond Bowman.
Survivors include: His wife, Lucille Roark Belcher of the home (Kimball); two sons, Dennis “Denny” Belcher and wife Dinah of Lancaster, S.C., Ronald “Ronnie” Belcher and wife Renee of Kings Mountain, N.C.; two daughters, Joyce Hunt and husband Rev. Jesse Hunt of Gary, Judy Belcher of Kimball; five grandsons, Jimmy Hunt and wife Tammy of Nokomis, Fla., Joey Hunt and wife Rachael of Nashville, Tenn., Jeffery Hunt of Statesville, N.C., Bryan Belcher of Mt. Airy, N.C., Gary Belcher and wife Jennifer of Fort Mill, S.C.; one granddaughter, Denise Thomas and husband James (Kip) of Lancaster, S.C.; three step-granddaughters, Lynn Whittaker and husband Jack of Welch, Jeannie Brittain and husband Mark of Shelby, N.C., Heather Justice and husband Mike of Shelby; seven step-great grandchildren, Nikki Whittaker of Beckley, Richard Whittaker III of Welch, Brandon Justice, Bryanna Justice, Kelsey Brittain, Madison Brittain, and Allison Brittain of Shelby; five sisters-in-law, Marie Roark of Kimball, Gladys Williams and husband Coy of Princeton, Virginia Powell of Indianapolis, Ind., Ruby Cline of Lexington, N.C., Nancy Roark of Belair, Md.; two brothers-in-law, Bill Roark and wife Mildred of Kimball, Eugene Roark of Kimball.
- Obituary Archives
Glen Kahle Belcher
BLUEFIELD — Glen Kahle Belcher, 82 of Bluefield, WV went home to be with the Lord Monday, July 28, 2014.
Betty Jo Gray
Betty Jo Gray, 76, of the Springfield Center in Lindside, formerly of Princeton Towers, died Monday, July 28, 2014, at her residence.
Juanita Bourne Coon
Juanita Bourne Coon, age 75 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Welmont Bristol Regional Medical Center in Bristol, TN.
Charles Harold Wade
Charles Harold Wade, 86, of the Old Athens Road, Princeton died suddenly Sunday afternoon at Princeton Community Hospital.
Wanda Howery Davis
Wanda Howery Davis, age 55 of Tazewell, VA died Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, WV.
Evelyne Robinette “Bunny” Cox
Evelyne Robinette “Bunny” Cox, age 79 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders, age 67, of Rocky Gap, VA passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Glen Kahle Belcher