• Richard D. Jessee, 73, of Weyanoke, died Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at his home. Arrangements are incomplete at the Bailey-Kirk Funeral Home in Princeton.
• Vicey L. Sarver, 67, of Yards, Va., died Wednesday, July 12, 2006 at Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at the Dudley Memorial Mortuary in Bluefield, Va.
James L. “Jimmy” Asbury
FALLS MILLS, Va. — James L. “Jimmy” Asbury, 52, of 887 Deerfield Street, Falls Mills, died on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 in a Bluefield hospital.
Born on Feb. 27, 1954 in Richlands, Va., he was a son of Melvin H. Asbury of Falls Mills and the late Janie Marie Lowe Asbury. He had been a resident of Falls Mills for 8 years and was a member of the Falls Mills Christian Church. He was employed by Swope Construction in Bluefield.
In addition to his mother, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Ronald Wayne Asbury and Mark Stephen Asbury; and grandparents, Willie Reece Lowe and Bertha Lowe, James Robie and Fannie Asbury; and a special uncle, Ralph Lowe.
Survivors in addition to his father include: Wife: Kimberly Inscore Asbury of the home; son: Brandon Lee Asbury of the home; daughters: Kaitlyn LeAnn Asbury of the home, Brenda Gayle Crewey of Princeton; two grandchildren: Lane and Michael Crewey of Falls Mills; brothers: William (Bill) Asbury of Bluefield, Va., Samuel (Sammy) Asbury and wife Jean of Elizabethton, Tenn., Thomas (Tommy) Asbury and wife Sandra of Falls Mills, Michael (Mike) Asbury and future wife Kathy of Bluefield, Va., Joey Asbury of Falls Mills, Robert (Bobby) Asbury and wife Mary of Orange Park, Fla., Archie (Kenny) Asbury of Wheeling; sisters: Emma Jean Rose and husband Billy of Bluefield, Va., Fannie (Marie) Otey and husband Keith of Sandlick; special nephew: Daniel Beavers of Rock; several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call on Thursday (today) from 6-8 p.m. at Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell is serving the Asbury family.
Funerals scheduled today include:
• Mr. David Wayne Cox: 1 p.m., Shiloh Community Church in Pea Patch, Va. Interment will follow at the Cole Family Cemetery, White Mountain.
• Edward Harvey: 2 p.m., Broyles-Shrewsbury Funeral Home Chapel in Peterstown. Burial will follow in Ellison Cemetery, Rock Camp.
• Harrison Miller “Buddy” Kinser: 11 a.m., Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home Chapel in Tazewell, Va. Burial will follow at Bishop Cemetery, Bastian, Va.
• Amanda Jean Whited: 11 a.m., Grundy Funeral Home Chapel in Grundy, Va. Burial will follow in Rosehill Cemetery, Bastian, Va.