• Carol Jean Brumfield Blankenship, 55, of Beckner Road, Pearisburg, Va., died Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at Giles Memorial Hospital in Pearisburg. Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Kendall Funeral Home in Pembroke, Va. Burial will follow in Birchlawn Burial Park in Pearisburg. The family will receive friends at the funeral home today from 6-8 p.m. Online condolences may be sent by visiting kendallfuneralhome.com.
• Infant Madison Secanna Brown, of Buchanan County, Va., died Monday, April 10, 2006 in a Charlotte, N.C. hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Shortridge-Ramey Funeral Home of Grundy, Va. Memorial condolences may be sent to the family at www.shortridgeramey.com.
• Carrie Elizabeth Bundy, 80, of the Thompson Valley community in Tazewell, Va., died Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at Tazewell Community Hospital. The family will receive friends from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell where funeral services will be held at 7:30 p.m. Graveside services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Friday at Grandview Memory Gardens in Bluefield, Va.
• William “Goober” Edward Carpenter, 39, of Bastian, Va., died Monday, April 10, 2006. Memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. today at Highland Bland Funeral Chapel, Bland, Va.
• Mr. Harold William Newberry, 62, of Raven, Va., died Tuesday, April 11, 2006 in a Richlands, Va. hospital. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Singleton Funeral Service in Cedar Bluff, Va. Online condolences may be sent to the family by going to www.SingletonFuneralService.com.
• Harold R. “Joe” Tabor Jr., 65, of Salem, Va., formerly of Bluefield, Va., died Sunday, April 9, 2006. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Grandview Memory Gardens Mausoleum in Bluefield, Va. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the DAV--Chapter 14, 2381 Roanoke Blvd., Salem VA 24153. Online condolences may be made at www.johnmoakey.com. John M. Oakey & Son Funeral Home in Salem is in charge of arrangements.
- Obituary Archives
Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.
SUMMERFIELD, Fla. — Leonard (Bob) R. Richard, Jr., 69, went to be with the Lord Thursday, April 17, 2014.
Rev. Aaron Thomas Godfrey
CHICAGO, Ill. — Rev. Aaron Thomas (Tommy) Godfrey, of Chicago, formerly of Bluefield, W.Va. made his transition on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in the Vistas Hospice Unit of Mercy Hospital in Chicago.
Earl French Hadden
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Earl French Hadden, of Wilmington, NC died April 17, 2014 at Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center.
Frances Loredith Yates
BIG ROCK, Va. — Frances Loredith Yates, Age 77, Big Rock, Virginia passed away on Friday, April 18, 2014 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home, Grundy, Virginia.
Sonja Fay Kirk Davis
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Sonja Fay Kirk Davis, age 36, of North Tazewell, VA died Thursday, April 10, 2014 at her home.
Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters
BLUEFIELD — Lurinda Virginia Whittaker Walters, 87, of Bluefield, died Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kissito Healthcare of Bland County in Bastian, VA.
Janice Ann Ollis
BLUEFIELD — Janice Ann Ollis, 61, of Bluefield, formerly of Bramwell, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014 at the home of her daughter.
Helen JoAnn Lester
PANTHER — Helen JoAnn Lester, know to most as "Grandma", 76, of Panther, WV, passed away peacefully April 17, 2014 at her home.
George Pearis Damewood III
WARRENTON, Va. — George Pearis Damewood III of Warrenton, VA passed away April 16, 2014 at Sunrise Assisted Living, VA on his 88th birthday.
Jerry Van Goforth
BRUSHFORK — Jerry Van Goforth 70 of Brushfork, WV passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, WV.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Leonard (Bob) R. Richard Jr.