• Raymond “Ray” Blevins, 78, of Thorpe, died Thursday, March 29, 2006 at Princeton Community Hospital. Friends may call today from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Fanning Funeral Home Chapel in Welch where funeral services will be conducted at 7:30 p.m. Graveside rites will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday at Woodlawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Bluewell.
• Bonnie Jean Bowles, 60, of Village Green Mobile Home Park, Princeton, died Thursday, March 30, 2006 in Princeton. Arrangements will be announced by the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• India M. Chapman, 79, of Lindside, died March 30, 2006 at Giles Memorial Hospital in Pearisburg, Va. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Wickline Funeral Home of Lindside.
• Leonard L. Reed Sr., 69, of Dayton, Ohio, died Sunday, March 26, 2006 in Dayton. Funeral services will be conducted at 11:30 a.m. today at House of Wheat Funeral Home Inc., 2107 North Gettysburg Ave., Dayton.
Genevieve Ladare Caldwell Asbury
MATOAKA — Genevieve Ladare Caldwell Asbury, 88, of Matoaka, died Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at her residence.
Born June 16, 1917 in Bluefield, she was the daughter of the late Emory Everette Caldwell and Annie Hambrick Caldwell Alvis. She was a graduate of Athens High School, Concord College and attended West Virginia University. She taught in the Tazewell County School system for two years. Then she taught one year in a one-room school in Mercer County. During that time she helped organize material for the Green Book for Curriculum In One-Room Schools. She was principal of Weyanoke Elementary from 1959 to 1965. In 1962 she became a teacher at Matoaka Elementary until her retirement in 1980.
Mrs. Asbury was a very active member of the Church of the Living God in Athens where her husband served as pastor and was also a Sunday School Teacher. She had been a lifelong resident of Mercer County.
In addition to her parents, her husband, Rev. John Arnold Asbury; one daughter, Delores Ann Dean; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Dr. Hayes Caldwell and wife Margaret and Delancey Caldwell and wife Hope; and one sister, Ramona Dillman preceded her in death.
- Obituary Archives
Dorothy Carter Rasnick
Dorothy Carter Rasnick, 91, of Princeton Health Care Center, formerly of Village Green, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at her residence.
Mattie M. Church Allen
Mattie M Church Allen age 78 of Burk Mountain went home to Heaven Monday July 28, 2014.
Mamie Lee Webb
Mamie Lee Webb , age 82, of Blacksburg, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Lewis Gale Hospital-Montgomery.
Clarence E. Smith
Clarence E. Smith, 88, of Peterstown formerly of Princeton died Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at his home.
Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose
Darlene Yvonne Wohlford Rose died at the age of 88 on Sunday afternoon, July 27, 2014, at her home in Princeton following an extended illness.
Earl Hayden “Red” Lilly Jr.
Earl Hayden “Red” Lilly, Jr., 75, of 300 Gott Road in Princeton died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Princeton Community Hospital.
Mary Puckett (Mary Jackson Bailey)
Mary Puckett (Mary Jackson Bailey) of Bluefield West Virginia passed away Monday, July 28, 2014, in Winston-Salem, NC after a brief illness.
Glen Kahle Belcher
BLUEFIELD — Glen Kahle Belcher, 82 of Bluefield, WV went home to be with the Lord Monday, July 28, 2014.
Betty Jo Gray
Betty Jo Gray, 76, of the Springfield Center in Lindside, formerly of Princeton Towers, died Monday, July 28, 2014, at her residence.
Juanita Bourne Coon
Juanita Bourne Coon, age 75 of the Gratton community in Tazewell, VA died Monday, July 28, 2014 at Welmont Bristol Regional Medical Center in Bristol, TN.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Dorothy Carter Rasnick