• Raymond “Ray” Blevins, 78, of Thorpe, died Thursday, March 29, 2006 at Princeton Community Hospital. Friends may call today from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Fanning Funeral Home Chapel in Welch where funeral services will be conducted at 7:30 p.m. Graveside rites will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday at Woodlawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Bluewell.
• Bonnie Jean Bowles, 60, of Village Green Mobile Home Park, Princeton, died Thursday, March 30, 2006 in Princeton. Arrangements will be announced by the Cravens-Shires Funeral Home in Bluewell.
• India M. Chapman, 79, of Lindside, died March 30, 2006 at Giles Memorial Hospital in Pearisburg, Va. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Wickline Funeral Home of Lindside.
• Leonard L. Reed Sr., 69, of Dayton, Ohio, died Sunday, March 26, 2006 in Dayton. Funeral services will be conducted at 11:30 a.m. today at House of Wheat Funeral Home Inc., 2107 North Gettysburg Ave., Dayton.
Genevieve Ladare Caldwell Asbury
MATOAKA — Genevieve Ladare Caldwell Asbury, 88, of Matoaka, died Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at her residence.
Born June 16, 1917 in Bluefield, she was the daughter of the late Emory Everette Caldwell and Annie Hambrick Caldwell Alvis. She was a graduate of Athens High School, Concord College and attended West Virginia University. She taught in the Tazewell County School system for two years. Then she taught one year in a one-room school in Mercer County. During that time she helped organize material for the Green Book for Curriculum In One-Room Schools. She was principal of Weyanoke Elementary from 1959 to 1965. In 1962 she became a teacher at Matoaka Elementary until her retirement in 1980.
Mrs. Asbury was a very active member of the Church of the Living God in Athens where her husband served as pastor and was also a Sunday School Teacher. She had been a lifelong resident of Mercer County.
In addition to her parents, her husband, Rev. John Arnold Asbury; one daughter, Delores Ann Dean; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Dr. Hayes Caldwell and wife Margaret and Delancey Caldwell and wife Hope; and one sister, Ramona Dillman preceded her in death.
- Obituary Archives
Heather Nichole Morrison
Heather Nichole Morrison 25 of King, NC passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014 at Wakeforest University Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC.
Richard (Dick) Lee Brown
Richard (Dick) Lee Brown was born in Meadville, Pennsylvania, to Frank and Betty on January 15, 1947. Dick departed this life at the age of 66 on Monday, April 21, 2014, to join Jesus Christ his Savior.
Kevin Lee Miller
Kevin Lee Miller 52 of Flat Top went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
Irene “Renee” Ruth Bunn McClung
Irene “Renee” Ruth Bunn McClung, 80, entered into eternal rest on Tuesday April 22, 2014, at Summers Nursing and Rehab Center at Hinton, WV.
Sarah Frances Melvin Pritt
Sarah Frances Melvin Pritt, “Pat” “Nanny” “Grandma”, 72, of Princeton, formerly of the Springville and Tip Top communities, went to be with The Lord on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
James Frederick Cole
James Frederick Cole 71 of Woods Ream Drive Raleigh, NC and formerly of Bluefield died Monday April 21, 2014 in a Raleigh, NC hospital.
Paula Marie “Polly” Richardson Burkhart
Paula Marie “Polly” Richardson Burkhart 55 of 179 Charnell Way Bluefield, WV died Tuesday April 22, 2014 at her home.
Robert L. Bennett
Robert L. Bennett 86 of 1401 Augusta Street Bluefield, WV died Monday April 21, 2014 at a Bluefield hospital.
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Heather Nichole Morrison