• Michael Cope, 48, of Milam Street, Crumpler, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 at Welch Community Hospital after a sudden illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Widener Funeral Home in Northfork.
• Sherman D. Dawson, 83, of Warriormine, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Bluefield Regional Medical Center, Bluefield. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Word Assembly of God, War, where friends may call today from 6-9 p.m. Burial will be in Short Ridge Cemetery on Garland Mountain. The Douglas Funeral Home of War is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. Jimmy Willard Dye, 59, of Raven, Va., died Thursday, Jan. 19 2006 in a Richlands, Va. hospital. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at Singleton Funeral Service Chapel in Cedar Bluff, Va. Burial will follow in the Mountain Valley Memorial Park Cemetery at Big Rock, Va. The family will receive friends from 6-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
• Billie Rae Farmer, 72, of 2427 Edgemont Dr., Bluefield, died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 in a Princeton hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home and Crematory of Bluefield. Those wishing to share memories or condolence messages may do so by visiting www.mercerfuneralhome.com
• James Walter Lowe, 74, of Iaeger, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, Va. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel of Fanning Funeral Home in Iaeger. Burial will follow in Tom Sparks Cemetery on Rock Ridge near Paynesville. Friends may call at the funeral home Monday from 6-9 p.m.
• Paul M. Wilburn, 93, of Tazewell, Va., died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 at Heritage Hall Health Care in Tazewell. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
Betty Perdue Bailey
SHERRILLS FORD, N.C. — Betty Perdue Bailey, 78, of Spinnaker Bay Dr., Sherrills Ford, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006.
Born Oct. 4, 1927, in Bluewell, she was the daughter of the late Lewis Hampton and Leona Blanche Richardson Perdue. Mrs. Bailey was a retired registered nurse for the Methodist Home at Asbury Care Center of Charlotte, N.C. She was an avid NASCAR Racing and Dale Earnhardt fan. Mrs. Bailey also enjoyed lake activities, country music and volunteering at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.
- Obituary Archives
Smith Thomas Carr
MONROE, N.C. — Smith Thomas Carr, age 37, of Monroe, NC, formerly of Rocky Gap, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 following a tree accident on his job.
Iris O'Quinn McClanahan
ABINGDON, Va. — Iris O'Quinn McClanahan, age 81, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Grace Health Care.
Norma J. Meadows
POUNDING MILL, Va. — Norma J. Meadows, age 84, of Pounding Mill, Virginia entered into eternal rest in Abingdon, Virginia on Thursday, April 17, 2014 after an extended illness.
James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten
BLUEFIELD, Va. — James (Jimmy) Joseph Groten, age 24, of Bluefield, VA, passed away, April 14, 2014.
Harry Edward Kight
DEEP CREEK LAKE, Md. — Harry Edward Kight, age 89, of Deep Creek Lake, MD and Severna Park, MD, passed away on April 15, 2014 in Severna Park.
Kenneth Dean Jackson Sr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Kenneth Dean Jackson, Sr., Bluefield, VA, died on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
John Henry French
BLAND, Va. — John Henry French, 66, of Bland, VA went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
Ruth Wyatt Sluss
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Ruth Wyatt Sluss, 80, of Bluefield, Virginia passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center in Bluefield, West Virginia.
Natalie Kirby Viars
PRINCETON — Natalie Kirby Viars, age 86, passed away on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Serenity Place, located on Browns Ridge Road, Lerona.
Dennis Ray Lawrence
Dennis Ray Lawrence, 62, of Lewisburg, WV, formerly of Weyanoke, died Monday, April 14, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, VA.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Smith Thomas Carr