• Michael Cope, 48, of Milam Street, Crumpler, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 at Welch Community Hospital after a sudden illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Widener Funeral Home in Northfork.
• Sherman D. Dawson, 83, of Warriormine, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Bluefield Regional Medical Center, Bluefield. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Word Assembly of God, War, where friends may call today from 6-9 p.m. Burial will be in Short Ridge Cemetery on Garland Mountain. The Douglas Funeral Home of War is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. Jimmy Willard Dye, 59, of Raven, Va., died Thursday, Jan. 19 2006 in a Richlands, Va. hospital. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at Singleton Funeral Service Chapel in Cedar Bluff, Va. Burial will follow in the Mountain Valley Memorial Park Cemetery at Big Rock, Va. The family will receive friends from 6-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
• Billie Rae Farmer, 72, of 2427 Edgemont Dr., Bluefield, died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 in a Princeton hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home and Crematory of Bluefield. Those wishing to share memories or condolence messages may do so by visiting www.mercerfuneralhome.com
• James Walter Lowe, 74, of Iaeger, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, Va. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel of Fanning Funeral Home in Iaeger. Burial will follow in Tom Sparks Cemetery on Rock Ridge near Paynesville. Friends may call at the funeral home Monday from 6-9 p.m.
• Paul M. Wilburn, 93, of Tazewell, Va., died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 at Heritage Hall Health Care in Tazewell. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
Betty Perdue Bailey
SHERRILLS FORD, N.C. — Betty Perdue Bailey, 78, of Spinnaker Bay Dr., Sherrills Ford, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006.
Born Oct. 4, 1927, in Bluewell, she was the daughter of the late Lewis Hampton and Leona Blanche Richardson Perdue. Mrs. Bailey was a retired registered nurse for the Methodist Home at Asbury Care Center of Charlotte, N.C. She was an avid NASCAR Racing and Dale Earnhardt fan. Mrs. Bailey also enjoyed lake activities, country music and volunteering at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.
- Obituary Archives
- Kimberly Michelle Gillespie
- Oakley Kenneth Davidson
- Levi James Harris
- Maria Evangelino Ezquivel De Guerrero
- Louis E. Luke, Sr.
- Lillian Lee Hatfield Greer
- Michael Ray Pensule
Yvonne Rose Craig
SALEM, Va. — Yvonne Rose Craig, 66, of Salem and formerly of Lafayette, VA, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014.
Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene
CEDAR BLUFF, Va. — Ms. Bessie Stacy Keene, age 92, of Cedar Bluff, Virginia departed from this life on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in a local Richlands hospital.
Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger
MAXIE, Va. — Vertie Lee Stiltner Clevinger, 80 years of age, of Maxie, VA, passed away Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Pikeville Medical Center, Pikeville, KY, following an extended illness.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines