• Michael Cope, 48, of Milam Street, Crumpler, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 at Welch Community Hospital after a sudden illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Widener Funeral Home in Northfork.
• Sherman D. Dawson, 83, of Warriormine, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Bluefield Regional Medical Center, Bluefield. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Word Assembly of God, War, where friends may call today from 6-9 p.m. Burial will be in Short Ridge Cemetery on Garland Mountain. The Douglas Funeral Home of War is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. Jimmy Willard Dye, 59, of Raven, Va., died Thursday, Jan. 19 2006 in a Richlands, Va. hospital. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at Singleton Funeral Service Chapel in Cedar Bluff, Va. Burial will follow in the Mountain Valley Memorial Park Cemetery at Big Rock, Va. The family will receive friends from 6-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
• Billie Rae Farmer, 72, of 2427 Edgemont Dr., Bluefield, died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 in a Princeton hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home and Crematory of Bluefield. Those wishing to share memories or condolence messages may do so by visiting www.mercerfuneralhome.com
• James Walter Lowe, 74, of Iaeger, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, Va. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel of Fanning Funeral Home in Iaeger. Burial will follow in Tom Sparks Cemetery on Rock Ridge near Paynesville. Friends may call at the funeral home Monday from 6-9 p.m.
• Paul M. Wilburn, 93, of Tazewell, Va., died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 at Heritage Hall Health Care in Tazewell. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
Betty Perdue Bailey
SHERRILLS FORD, N.C. — Betty Perdue Bailey, 78, of Spinnaker Bay Dr., Sherrills Ford, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006.
Born Oct. 4, 1927, in Bluewell, she was the daughter of the late Lewis Hampton and Leona Blanche Richardson Perdue. Mrs. Bailey was a retired registered nurse for the Methodist Home at Asbury Care Center of Charlotte, N.C. She was an avid NASCAR Racing and Dale Earnhardt fan. Mrs. Bailey also enjoyed lake activities, country music and volunteering at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.
- Obituary Archives
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders
Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders, age 67, of Rocky Gap, VA passed away Tuesday, July 22, 2014.
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
Earl McDonald Stillwell
BLUEFIELD — Earl McDonald Stillwell, 85 of Penmar Ave., Bluefield, West Virginia went to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Aubrey Bazel Lawson
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Aubrey Bazel Lawson, 96 of Bluefield, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
John L. Belcher
FRANKLIN, Va. — John Lundy Belcher, 78, passed away July 27, 2014 at his home.
KIMBALL — James Gianato, age 87, of Kimball, WV, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a short Illness.
Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin
LERONA — On July 25, 2014, Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin, 84, was called home to be with Jesus and reunite with her precious Ronald.
Douglas W. Jenkins
PRINCETON — Douglas W. Jenkins, 90, of Princeton formerly of Lashmeet died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at Princeton Health Care Center.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Nathaniel “Boo Boo” Saunders