• Michael Cope, 48, of Milam Street, Crumpler, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 at Welch Community Hospital after a sudden illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Widener Funeral Home in Northfork.
• Sherman D. Dawson, 83, of Warriormine, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Bluefield Regional Medical Center, Bluefield. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Word Assembly of God, War, where friends may call today from 6-9 p.m. Burial will be in Short Ridge Cemetery on Garland Mountain. The Douglas Funeral Home of War is in charge of arrangements.
• Mr. Jimmy Willard Dye, 59, of Raven, Va., died Thursday, Jan. 19 2006 in a Richlands, Va. hospital. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Sunday at Singleton Funeral Service Chapel in Cedar Bluff, Va. Burial will follow in the Mountain Valley Memorial Park Cemetery at Big Rock, Va. The family will receive friends from 6-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
• Billie Rae Farmer, 72, of 2427 Edgemont Dr., Bluefield, died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 in a Princeton hospital. Arrangements are incomplete at Mercer Funeral Home and Crematory of Bluefield. Those wishing to share memories or condolence messages may do so by visiting www.mercerfuneralhome.com
• James Walter Lowe, 74, of Iaeger, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006 in Clinch Valley Medical Center in Richlands, Va. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel of Fanning Funeral Home in Iaeger. Burial will follow in Tom Sparks Cemetery on Rock Ridge near Paynesville. Friends may call at the funeral home Monday from 6-9 p.m.
• Paul M. Wilburn, 93, of Tazewell, Va., died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006 at Heritage Hall Health Care in Tazewell. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
Betty Perdue Bailey
SHERRILLS FORD, N.C. — Betty Perdue Bailey, 78, of Spinnaker Bay Dr., Sherrills Ford, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006.
Born Oct. 4, 1927, in Bluewell, she was the daughter of the late Lewis Hampton and Leona Blanche Richardson Perdue. Mrs. Bailey was a retired registered nurse for the Methodist Home at Asbury Care Center of Charlotte, N.C. She was an avid NASCAR Racing and Dale Earnhardt fan. Mrs. Bailey also enjoyed lake activities, country music and volunteering at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.
- Obituary Archives
JoAnn Dunn Harless
JoAnn Dunn Harless, 51 of Rich Creek, VA passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014 at her home following an extended illness.
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins
Reba Jennings Moye Blevins of Daniels, WV, died July 20, 2014.
David Lee Schrom
David Lee Schrom, 41, of Henderson, NV formerly of War passed away Sunday, July 13, 2014 in Henderson.
George Thomas Haynes
George Thomas Haynes 89 of Stewart St. Welch, WV passed away on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Margaret “Jean” Baker
Our most beautiful and beloved mother and grandmother woke up in the arms of Jesus, Tuesday, July 15th, 2014, healed and whole and reunited with her husband, James Edward Baker.
Johnny E. Welch
Johnny E. Welch, 72, of Leesburg, Florida, entered into eternal rest on Saturday, July 19, 2014.
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi
Giovanni "Johnny" Monarchi, 81 of Callaway, MD formerly of Ashland, WV passed away on July 17, 2014 in Callaway, MD
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges
Mary Jane Copolo Hodges, 84 of Orlando went Home to her Savior on July 19, 2014, surrounded by her loving family.
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester
Archie Ward “Rusty” Lester, age 79 of Tazewell, VA went to receive his reward and be with the Lord Monday, July 21, 2014. He was a patient at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Harvey Lee Henley
PRINCETON — Harvey Lee Henley, 68, of Princeton, went home to be with the Lord on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- JoAnn Dunn Harless