• David Clinton Angles Sr., 56 of Richlands, Va., died Thursday, Jan. 12, 2006 at the James A. Quillen VA Medical Center in Mountain City, Tenn. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, Va..
• Junior Elden Burch, 81, of Burlington, Ohio, died Friday at St. Mary’s Medical Center. Chapman’s Mortuary, Huntington, is in charge of funeral arrangements.
• Ezra C. Carter Sr., of H.C. R 60, Box 203, Iaeger, died late Friday night at Charleston Area Medical Center after a long illness. Arrangements by Widener Funeral Home, Northfork.
• Floyd General Duncan, 64, of Davy died Friday, Jan. 13, 2006 at his residence. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Freewill Baptist Church, Big Jenny, where friends may call after 6 p.m. Monday. Burial will be in Woodlawn Memorial Park, Bluewell. The Douglas Mortuary of Welch is in charge of arrangements.
• Emily S. Frye, 79, of Little River, S.C., died Friday,Jan. 13, 2006. Arrangements will be announced by Lee Funeral Home & crematory of Little River/North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
• Nancy T. Yates, 74, of Homestead, Fla., formerly of Tazewell, Va., died Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2006 at Brookwood Gardens Center in Homestead. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Peery & St.Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell.
BECKLEY — Ray Bell, 78, of 329 Union Hall Road, Beckley, passed away from this life to an eternal one Friday, Jan. 13, 2006, after an eight-month fight with Alzheimer’s.
Born Aug. 25, 1927 in Rhodell, he was the son of the late Rev. Sam Bell and Cora Sizemore Bell.
Mr. Bell was a retired coal miner from Westmoreland Coal Co., having worked in the coal mines for many years., While working in the mines he had suffered many accidents. Ray loved mining and loved farming, and held a passion for growing things. He also had a special love for his horses.
- Obituary Archives
Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge
BLUEFIELD — Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge. The angels came on the evening of Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and took Dorothy home to be with her Lord and family.
Charles Ray Ellison Sr.
PRINCETON — Charles Ray Ellison, Sr., 72, of the Courthouse Road, Princeton, died late Sunday night, July 27, 2014 at his residence.
Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates
NORTH TAZEWELL, Va. — Wallace Gray “P.I.” Yates, age 93 of North Tazewell, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at his daughter's home.
Earl McDonald Stillwell
BLUEFIELD — Earl McDonald Stillwell, 85 of Penmar Ave., Bluefield, West Virginia went to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Roanoke, Virginia.
Aubrey Bazel Lawson
BLUEFIELD, Va. — Aubrey Bazel Lawson, 96 of Bluefield, VA passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
John L. Belcher
FRANKLIN, Va. — John Lundy Belcher, 78, passed away July 27, 2014 at his home.
KIMBALL — James Gianato, age 87, of Kimball, WV, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at Bluefield Regional Medical Center after a short Illness.
Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin
LERONA — On July 25, 2014, Elizabeth Pearl Baldwin, 84, was called home to be with Jesus and reunite with her precious Ronald.
Douglas W. Jenkins
PRINCETON — Douglas W. Jenkins, 90, of Princeton formerly of Lashmeet died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at Princeton Health Care Center.
James “Jake” Jackson Jr.
BLUEFIELD, Va. — James “Jake” Jackson, Jr. age 65 of the Mudfork community in Bluefield, VA went to be with the Lord on Friday, July 25, 2014.
- More Obituary Archives Headlines
- Dorothy Mae Smith Hoge