By CHARLES OWENS
Bluefield Daily Telegraph
A drug roundup in the Bradshaw area of McDowell County netted five arrests Thursday.
Deputies with the McDowell County Sheriff’s Department began making arrests in the Bradshaw area around 11:30 a.m. Thursday, according to Sheriff Martin B. West. The arrests, which included two married couples, were the result of a long investigation.
Those arrested and charged include:
• Sharon Lee Hagerman, 64, of Bradshaw, four counts of delivery of a schedule III controlled substance and felony conspiracy.
• Arvel Lee Hagerman, 74, of Bradshaw, four counts of delivery of a schedule III controlled substance and felony conspiracy.
• Shannon Keith Mullins, 38, of Paynesville, one count of delivery of a schedule II controlled substance. West said Mullins also was wanted as a fugitive from Wythe County, Va.
• Brian Keith Vance, 40, of Paynesville, one count of delivery of controlled substance schedule II and felony conspiracy.
• Crystal Dawn Vance, 36, of Jolo, one count of delivery of a controlled substance schedule II and felony conspiracy.
According to Chief Deputy Roger E. Deel, additional drug arrests in the area will be forthcoming.
All five individuals were arrested Thursday without incident at their homes, according to Sgt. J.E. Muncy.
Muncy said all five were in the process of being arraigned Thursday evening on the charges. He said complaints from the community led to the investigation.
The sheriff’s department was assisted by the Southern Regional Drug and Violent Crime Task Force in the investigation.
— Contact Charles Owens at email@example.com