1. Donate to a local food pantry.
2. Anonymously pay for another
family’s meal at a restaurant.
3. On Interstate 77? Pay the toll for the car behind yours.
4. Leave a present for the mailman.
5. Help at the Wade Center in Bluefield
6. Shovel a neighbor’s driveway
7. Send new school supplies to a classroom.
8. Write a thank you note to a former teacher.
9. Volunteer to read at the local library.
10. Offer to baby-sit for free.
11. Donate blood for the American Red Cross.
12. Walk the neighbor’s dog.
13. Buy donuts for your colleagues at work.
14. Go through the house and collect unused toys and clothing for the Union Mission and Salvation Army.
15. Save coupons for a busy mom.
16. Take a pet to visit a nursing home.
17. Adopt an animal from the shelter.
18. Take a sick friend soup and
19. Buy a last-minute Christmas
present at a local store.
20. Leave an encouraging post-it
note on your boss’ desk.
21. Donate to an educational
22. Buy a book, read and pass it on.
23. Donate old cell phones, eye
glasses and other useful items.
24. Give a college student a gas card.
25. Pick up trash in your
26. Plant a tree in the spring at a local park.
If you participate, post your act of kindness on your Facebook or Twitter account to encourage others to pay it forward.