By Alexandra Nicolas CNHI News Service
Whether you fly once a week for work or once a year for a vacation, you can bet that all areas of your trip are being monitored by smart phones. While it isn't hard to find an app with your flight info, some apps make the process of flying a lot simpler.
An app for the frequent flyer, FlightTrack 5 monitors thousands of airports, airline and also gets delay information from the Federal Aviation Administration.
If you're connected to in-flight WiFi, you can watch your plane's progress while you're in the air.
When you're back on the ground, the app also has airport terminal maps.
FlightTrack 5 is available for $4.99 from Apple or Android stores.
If you're not the one flying, there's an app for you too.
JustLanded condenses arrival times and gate information into just what you need to pick someone up after their flight. The app even pulls local traffic information telling you when you need to leave for the airport.
JustLanded is available from the Apple store for $1.99.
Lots of apps manager your flight times, but GateGuru aims to also manage your time on land.
Check the weather for where you're landing, confirm terminal and gate information, check out which restaurants will be nearby when you land and even arrange a rental car using the app.
GateGuru is available for free from Apple and Android stores.
Awarded a Pell Grant? Better double-check
July 25, 2014
Cork. It’s not just for wine and bulletin boards
July 18, 2014
5 tips for making family trips with teens more fun
July 15, 2014
It is berry picking time
July 13, 2014 1 Photo
Ten ways to use fresh ripe blueberries
July 13, 2014
When it comes to skin products, less is more
July 11, 2014
Visitors wait 5 hours for Harry Potter ride
July 11, 2014
Eileen Ford, founder of Ford Model Agency, dies
July 10, 2014
Secret Service starts K-9 patrols near White House
July 9, 2014
Moving? How to choose the right school from afar
July 8, 2014
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Awarded a Pell Grant? Better double-check
- BBQ My Way
- Give fruit salad zing with honey and black pepper 22 days
- BBQ My Way: Liz's chicken enchilada casserole 256 days 1 Photo
- Crock pot sausage, sauerkraut a perfect autumn meal 266 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Fall veggie pizza 272 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Arguments aside, there's just one authentic recipe for wings 286 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Judging a chili cook-off 293 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Creamy squash soup 300 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Grilled swai with fire-roasted salsa 308 days 3 Photos
- BBQ My Way: Pairing beer with food 315 days 2 Photos
- BBQ My Way: Back to basics, with pulled pork 318 days 2 Photos
- Viral Video and Slideshows
- VIDEO: Train collides with semi truck carrying lighter fluid 2 days 1 Photo
- Planting in the Mercer Street Community Garden Tuesday July 22, 2014 2 days
- Slide Show Drums of the Painted Mounted Powwow 4 days
- Slide Show Xander Bailey 4 days
- Slide Show Bluefield Shrine Horse Show 5 days
- VIDEO: Comcast apologizes after customer service call goes viral 8 days 1 Photo
- Wytheville train derailment clean-up 9 days
- NS train derails in Wytheville, Va. 10 days
- Slide Show: Bluefield Fire Department visits Wade Center 14 days
- VIDEO: Pilot buys pizzas for storm-delayed travelers 15 days 1 Photo