SUNBURY, Pa. —
The nephew of a school superintendent was sentenced to six months of house arrest after he pleaded guilty to sending 4,300 text messages to two 17-year-old and two 16-year-old girls.
Many of the messages, which were sent over the course of several months in 2011, contained graphic sexual material, police said.
Michael Zack, 24, will now be listed as a sex offender. He was a former substitute in the Shamokin school district.
The judge took note of Zach’s numerous accomplishments.
“You had reached academic success, and you did an internship for the Northumberland County Juvenile Court Services and you even were a Civil War re-enactor,” President Judge Robert Sacavage said. “You hit some high notes and now have become an embarrassment to your family and community.”
Zack was hired as a 180-day substitute teacher in the district in August 2011 and was terminated by the school board in December 2011.
Details for this story were provided by The Daily Item in Sunbury, Pa.
SUNBURY, Pa. —
- Latest Updates
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 1 dead
- BREAKING NEWS: Click sentenced to life in prison
- Oregon couple attacked by cat plans to get it help
- Foul play not suspected in W.Va. children’s deaths
- Martinsburg man charged with killing elderly woman
- Tomblin: West Virginia state budget still work in progress
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Prosecutors oppose McDonnell bid for more details
- Fayette Co. police investigate 2 children’s deaths
- More Latest Updates Headlines